Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without question the Morrell Yellow Jacket target beats the open layered Block hands down.

My buddy and I bought a Block and a Yellow Jacket BH target.

After 200 broadhead shots the Block is slivering all over the backyard and arrows are sinking in to the fletching.

Scarecely a piece has come out of the Yellow Jacket.

·
74,535 Posts
Morrell

Makes a great product.

One dealer here in town. Sold completely out and he had plenty of them

·
Registered
533 Posts
Best broadhead target ever made IMO.. I had the same thing happen to my block. I like the block for the field tips but the broad heads just shred it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've only have had one target so I cannot compare it to anything, but the Morell 6 shooter is :thumbs_up .

I have shot it a lot with field tips and broadheads. My guess is that it will hold up 1 year. I shoot on average 2 times per week around 60-80 shots and its still in good shape. They run around 50.00

Redman2002

·
NAASP
15,221 Posts
hey! we agree on something!

timboj said:
Without question the Morrell Yellow Jacket target beats the open layered Block hands down.

My buddy and I bought a Block and a Yellow Jacket BH target.

After 200 broadhead shots the Block is slivering all over the backyard and arrows are sinking in to the fletching.

Scarecely a piece has come out of the Yellow Jacket.

IMO the Morrell is the BEST portable BH target on the market, hands down.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Its not recomended for feild tips. I shot feild tips in mine when first got it I thought being that I shoot aluminums that they would not be as hard to pull out as carbons. What a mistake I had to use an arrow puller and it still would not move I actually ended up pulling the arrow right in two. As far as carbons they are no better I almost blew a nut trying to get it out. Get a yellow jacket bag target for feild tips and a yellow jacket block for broadhead. They two together are still cheaper than one block and will last for a very long time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.