Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 pro defiant, running a optimizer kingpin te with a trophy taker smackdown pro rest. My broadheads are grouping low and left from my field points. I moved my rest to the right a hair and they are still hitting low left. Moved it a tad more and still having problems. Never had to tune a bow before so this is a lot of trial and error so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m shooting wasp drones if that matters at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Try moving it the other way. I think you move with it just a hair and should bring FPs to BHs.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Try moving it the other way. I think you move with it just a hair and should bring FPs to BHs.

·
Registered
993 Posts
First thing is check to see if there is contact anywhere on fletching with the rest. You will want to fix your up and down first. You can do this by lowering your nock point a smidge or bump the rest up a smidge. Once you get height correct work on the left, Some times when you fix up and down it will correct the left grouping. If not you will then want to bump the rest towards the riser a smidge at a time. If this doesn't work you can try going the other way.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Could be multiple things...wasp drones are some of the most accurate heads...this is gonna come down to nock point yokes and rest

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
First, you moved the rest the wrong way. You should have moved it to the left. If it gets past 7/8" centershot, then you'll only be left with using the yokes (which is really the best way to do it besides moving the centershot all around). The up and down could be the rest height/nock height, or the cam sync. If you're not familiar with fine tuning a hybrid cam bow, then I'd suggest seeking help from a pro-shop.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First, you moved the rest the wrong way. You should have moved it to the left. If it gets past 7/8" centershot, then you'll only be left with using the yokes (which is really the best way to do it besides moving the centershot all around). The up and down could be the rest height/nock height, or the cam sync. If you're not familiar with fine tuning a hybrid cam bow, then I'd suggest seeking help from a pro-shop.
I’ll swing by my pro shop tomorrow and ask about it. I was hitting nice groups at 60 yesterday with my FP but started using broadheads today and I’m lost on it.

I’ve ruined about 4 or 5 arrows fletching today but can’t get them to group in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts