Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I took my bow to the shop and had it tuned because when I tried to broadhead tune it they were hitting high and left no matter where i moved the rest. He said i was off by a little and he moved them. then I tried broadhead tuning them again and i got them to where my broadheads were just hitting about 3 inches high perfect left and right. but thats the closest i could get them.

I am shooting: Martin Monster Buck Hunter From Dick's DW 58# DL 28.5 and a 29inch gold tip 55/75 with a 100gr tip

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
at that point perfect left and right, me personally would just ajust the pins to compensate.

·
Registered deer murderer
632 Posts
Your mistake was taking your bow to the shop to have it tuned. Someone else cannot tune your bow for you. Only you can do that. If the broadheads aren't hitting where your field points are, then your arrows are either underspined, your bow is not in tune, or your hand is out of tune. Wait a day before you adjust anything. See if you are still getting the same results the next time you shoot. If so, move your rest down. If this doesn't help, then your grip is the culprit. Make sure the pressure is evenly distributed top-to-bottom on your bow hand. You may find that your are "heeling" the bow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I finally got my bow broadhead tuned out to 30 yrds. Is 30yrds far enough or should I try at 40yrds and will this mess up my 20 and 30 or will they still be on?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Your mistake was taking your bow to the shop to have it tuned. Someone else cannot tune your bow for you. Only you can do that. If the broadheads aren't hitting where your field points are, then your arrows are either underspined, your bow is not in tune, or your hand is out of tune. Wait a day before you adjust anything. See if you are still getting the same results the next time you shoot. If so, move your rest down. If this doesn't help, then your grip is the culprit. Make sure the pressure is evenly distributed top-to-bottom on your bow hand. You may find that your are "heeling" the bow.
I am interested in hearing more about proper hand grip. I shoot a very loose grip, even open mostly. But I have never been taught the proper way. I am having trouble shooting consistent groups the past couple of weeks... cannot figure out my problem. Please consider starting a thread about this.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ok I finally got my bow broadhead tuned out to 30 yrds. Is 30yrds far enough or should I try at 40yrds and will this mess up my 20 and 30 or will they still be on?
at this point if youve got the 20and 30 sighted in. you can take it out as far as you want, all you should have to adjust is the pins on your sights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts