Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched broadheads this year ... from Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blades to 100 gr. Razorcaps. The muzzys shot exactly the same as my fieldpoints but the Razorcaps shoot 6" lower at 20 yards.

Has anyone else had any problems with the Razorcaps?

Does anyone have any simple solutions that I might be overlooking?

Thanks for any input,
Kevin

·
Good Day All!!!!!
753 Posts
Razorcaps

Hey bud,
I too am trying some razorcaps this year. I have some flight issues with mine as well. My muzzys hit with my field points the RC's hit 3- 6" high and to the left. If I stumble across a solution, I'll be sure to post it. Good Luck!
Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't belive ...

that out of all the experts, that visit this forum, no one has any solutions for these broad heads.

I'm going back to the tried and true Muzzys.

Here in a few minutes, there will be 4 never shot, and 2 shot 5 times, 100 gr. Razorcaps in the "FOR SALE" section.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rosey

The bow was just tuned and shoots bulletholes through paper.
I'm not an expert, but I don't think that moving the nock or the rest could correct the problem. Am I right thinking this? It seems if the bow shoots bare shafts perfect, and arrows with field points perfect, you shouldn't adjust anything to shoot broadheads? Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but it seems that would be taking a step backwards.

Kevin

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
The amount you need to move your rest is very minimal. If it is enough to effect your field point flight or make your arrows wobble that was not the solution.

I'm assuming that you have shot more than one arrow set up with these new heads. If not, the head probably isn't lined up right with the shaft.

Of course the simplest solution is to stick with the ones that were already working for you.

Paper tuning is the starting point, not the end game.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem fixed

Well kind of fixed. I went back to the bow shop last night. The owner re-tuned the bow first shooting a bare shaft, then a fletched shaft. He ended up moving the nock down just a hair. Rosey I'm sorry that I doubted you.

So, I went home, shot some field points. Got the bow sighted back in.
Shot a Muzzy ... 5 - 6 inches low.
Shot a Razorcap ... PERFECT.

I don't know what gives. I guess I should just leave it be and shoot the Razorcaps ... since it shoots them well now, and that's what I wanted in the first place.

Thanks again,
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.