Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Bowtech Extreme, 28.5 inch draw, 65 lb, shooting a 26.5" Blackhawk Vapor 4000 arrow with 2 blazers (slight right offset) and a 100 grain Muzzy 3 blade broadhead.

I had tuned the bow months ago and today went out to shoot broadheads. My broadheads hit about 5" to the right and about 3" high. I started adjusting my rest to bring my POI together.

When I ran out of time I had my broadheads hitting about 2" to the right and the up/down was good. I marked down my rest location (TT dropaway) and shot through paper. The hole had a high right tear. I made adjustments back to where I was prior to shooting broadheads and I am shooting PERFECT holes with both broadheads and fieldpoints.

To get my broadheads to hit within 2" fieldpoints I need to move my rest about 1/8" away from my riser, probably will be about 3/16" to get them together.

should I move the rest to where POI is the same, or leave it where the holes are good and switch to Tekan II or some other expandable?

Sorry for the long post, just didn't want to leave out an information.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's hard to advise you on that one. I would say do what ever makes you the most comfortable. You don't want to be on stand thinking about your rest alignment. I personally would get them to hit the same poi. But I also believe the Tekan 2's are a good choice, I'll be shooting them this year:wink:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I really hate trying to chow down on paper!!! As far as I am concerned if the field points and broad heads don't shoot together then you have two choices.

Resight and use broad heads only. Get the same POI and put the paper to better uses!!!!:) :darkbeer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a similar problem but high and left. Are you using the practice blades or the real blades. This affected my flight big time. Also make sure you are not fatigued from shooting. That was a mistake I made as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using the actual blades, I agree the practice blade does not have the same effect. Also, fatigue is not a problem, I was shooting 2 fieldpoints and 2 broadheads each time. My groups were tight. just different POI

·
Registered
50 Posts
I Have Similar Problem With Field Points And Broadheads.
Gave Up Today When I Was Attaining 4" Groups With The Broadheads And 3" Groups With Field Points At 50 Yards.
The Field Points Are Hitting 2" Left Ande 3" Up From The Broadheads.
Season Starts Friday And I Don't Want To Gamble With Messing Up.
Zeroed The Broadheads.

60# Switchback - 28" Draw - 27" Super Carbon With Blazer Vanes And 85g Steel Force - 245g Arrow Weight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts