Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do to an upcoming spinal fusion surgery my RealmX, rifle, muzzleloaders and .44 all get benched for the season. I picked up a Centerpoint Wrath 430 yesterday to start practicing to hopefully save my hunting season. Which broadheads would you recommend for deer?

· Registered
1,905 Posts
Do to an upcoming spinal fusion surgery my RealmX, rifle, muzzleloaders and .44 all get benched for the season. I picked up a Centerpoint Wrath 430 yesterday to start practicing to hopefully save my hunting season. Which broadheads would you recommend for deer?
Congratulations on the new Wrath and good luck with your procedure! Take it slow with recovery and heal. I'm 6 weeks out from heat surgery, doing well in PT and feel great. Anxious to get back into the woods and hope to do that later this month. I also have the same weapon limitations but the xbow solves that. The Wrath crank remedied the cocking issue and shot recoil is minimal.

I'm a mechanical broadhead fan and don't reuse any of my broadheads. The Grim Reaper 100 or 125 gn 1.5", 3 blade mechanical will do the trick on deer, pigs, turkey and black bear. I shoot Grim's Pro series broadheads which come 4 to a pack. I ALWAYS verify my POI with one of the broadheads but have found the 1.5" fly like a fieldpoint or very close to it. The part numbers for the Pro Series are: 1673 (100 gn) and 1683 (125 gn) and I'd suggest the 125 gn to add some FOC and KE and still keep your arrow speed very close to 400 fps.

Good luck this fall!
Nose Cheek Smile Thumbs signal Jaw

· Registered
27 Posts
Im shooting a WASP 150 grain fixed blade. Not a huge cut diameter, but flys super great at 425fps out to 60 yards - w/n 2in of a field point. I'll be playing around w/ a single bevel and posting results of that next year as I build up some range data

· Registered
1 Posts
I too am a Grim Reeper mechanical fan. Ive taken many Whitetails and a few Bear with them in Maine.They have never failed to open and I like that they dont have a retaining ring needed. I started Compounds with Fixed 125g Thunderheads and went to Rage Mechs years later.I found that 125g Fixed Heads and the Rage mechs on my XBow didn't fly or group as well as the 100g Reepers did . By going that way I was also able to increase my range being lighter. In fairness it really is about what to choose and then tweek to get the desired results. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts