Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting an alphamax 32 at 70# with axis FMJ 400 arrows at 27". Arrows are fletched with three flex fletch flash vanes. Field tips hit where I aim as do mechanical heads when I shoot them. If I try shooting either ST mags or magnus stinger buzzcuts my impact is left and a little high. When paper tuning I had a 1" right horizontal tear I could not get rid of. Right now I assume with the fixed heads coming out of the bow possibly tail right they start to steer the head to the left and are unable to recover like a field point or expandable. What do you all think? I am not getting contact as I can shoot fobs with no contact but with same broadhead results.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would think maybe a weak arrow? I would have shot 340's with that setup.

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
I am going with an under spinned arrow. I would go at least a 340 spin on a 70lb bow.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Definitely sounds like a weak spined shaft to me. I shoot 350s at 56 pounds and get perfect flight with fixed blades. They do group a little right of field points, but the groups are very tight out to 80 yards (about 5"-6")

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Definitely sounds like a weak spined shaft to me. I shoot 350s at 56 pounds and get perfect flight with fixed blades. They do group a little right of field points, but the groups are very tight out to 80 yards (about 5"-6")

If you cut the 350s a little longer it will help to make a "weaker" 350 spine and should help to bring those arrows back towards the center.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If you are a right handed release shooter and you are getting a right tear, move your rest to the left.

·
Registered
25,254 Posts
I have the same problem with a 09 captain maxima 350 arrows mine hit 2 in right. I believe some bows just wont shoot a fixed heads. I tried beman mfx 400,my maxima 350s, and axis nano 300s. Ive tried under,over,and proper spines and they all hit 2 in right.If you want to shoot fixed you might have to move your sights.If your like me I shoot mechanicals to avoid the headache. No matter what anyone says I would recommend the 2 blaade rage
goodluck

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had a similar problem with my AM32, Slick Tricks, Victory 350s, and fusions. I ended up fixing the problem by refletching with a strong helical.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After hearing about possible spine issue I went out and took another turn out of limb bolts and amazingly I'm shhoting any fixed head I put on decent now! I never checked what poundage my bow was pulling but must have been on the heavy side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts