Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help, im shooting my evo beeman ics hunter 400 shafts 53lbs 28 inch draw. Arrows are squared and spin perfectly. I am shooting ramcat 125 heads, and cant seem to get the fp and ramcat to hit together. Always broadhead right of fp. Any help is apreciated.... Is it nock height??? Im shooting a qad ultra rest pro No fletching contact at all either.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,385 Posts
Your Arrow Spine is weak,......Had the same problem.......:thumbs_up:darkbeer:

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Are you satisfied with how you shoot your field points? If so move the sight for your broadheads. IMHO there is nothing wrong with your arrow or your BOW. Let me ask you this how often do you actually shoot broadheads in comparison to field points? Is it worth messing up your set up for the few times you will actually shoot broadheads? Move the sight. There will be people tell you you can do this and do that and get them to fly the same-----that is hap-stance at the very best and the odds are stacked against you that you will even achieve it. Move the sight.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
There is nothing wromg with your bow/arrow set up. I'm shooting a 400 shaft at 59 pounds and they are flying great with the F-15 fixed blade by CX, that said. If you want your BH's flying with your FP's, try following your FP's with your rest until they come together unless your happy with the arrow flight. If you are happy with the flight then as Dale says, Move the sight.

·
Registered
939 Posts
It usually just takes a little patience and very slight moves at the rest to get your field points and broadheads hitting the same spot. I usually start by selecting the "best" arrow I have for runout and make sure the broadhead spins with absolutely no wobble by comparing the tip of the broadhead to a small dot while spinning the arrow on rollers. By using one arrow only, I eliminate the
possiblity of the arrow causing an issue. I also weigh the field point and broadhead on a grain scale . I respin the arrow after every shot. If I am having problems getting the broadhead and field point to hit the same spot, I spend a good deal of time checking over the bow very critically. Some times having someone else shoot the bow can reveal problems. Just the way I do things. Good luck.

·
Banned
17,821 Posts
Are you satisfied with how you shoot your field points? If so move the sight for your broadheads. IMHO there is nothing wrong with your arrow or your BOW. Let me ask you this how often do you actually shoot broadheads in comparison to field points? Is it worth messing up your set up for the few times you will actually shoot broadheads? Move the sight. There will be people tell you you can do this and do that and get them to fly the same-----that is hap-stance at the very best and the odds are stacked against you that you will even achieve it. Move the sight.
How do you know that the bow is not tuned well,and that is the reason for different POI of field points and broadheads?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
try a 100 grain head if that keeps your arrow weight above 5 gpp. if not turn out the limb bolts a few turns each, if they come together from either of these or both you have choices. shoot it at the lighter draw/arrow weight "head weight affects dynamic spine" or purchase a stiffer spined arrow there is the possibility that the harness can be tweaked to achieve better results but I am not intamately familiar with your bow if I was you would be getting step by step instructions on how to get where you want to be and an invite to come over for my assistance if you were neerby
these guys that state you will never get the fieldpoints to group with broadheads are either impatient or incompetent it is possible I will not attempt to hunt with a less than perfectly tuned bow/arrow setup my quarry deserves to be taken cleanly

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone im using a pretty heavy shaft at 450 grains. I dont think im over spined, and got the same results with 100 grain heads also. Ill give it another go later on today. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
have you shot the fp's through paper to see if you are getting a side tear?

paper tuning is just a starting point, but it can point you in the right direction. my friend that is fairly new to archery and bowhunting is shooting my old bow. last year we had it tuned great. i havent touched it since, just let him shoot. this year, his muzzys were hitting 8" low from his field points. after having him shoot thru paper, i moved his rest up 1/16", and he's right back to bullet holes and same POI with bh's and fp's. took 10 minutes and now he's good to go. got his 2nd deer yesterday during our doe season opener!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
i would try 100 grain to stiffen spine and if that doesnt help i would walk back tune with the 100 also

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
sorry to disagree.....

there's a million articles dealing with "tuning" a bow to get the very best arrow flight......"WHY'......because it is part of shooting a bow....
you can take any bow off the shelve ,shoot 1 fp mark that spot....screw on a mechanical head and go hunting....

but if you want you and that bow to shoot the very best ...you will tune it ...
rt of fp is 1 sign of weak spine...move rest to the left ...very little watch what bh does.....
it will get closer ...then it will start to get wider again......
get them as close as you can ...then there's other things to look for.....cam timing can have a huge effect on arrow flight...

it is nice to have a bow that's tuned to the "sweetspot" and shoot a fp then any head you put on goes within a few inches at 20yrds./
why have two sites, set-up, to shoot a bow ...like poster above has???????????

your bow will shoot better when tuned and you will too!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
....X2 exacty
sorry to disagree.....

there's a million articles dealing with "tuning" a bow to get the very best arrow flight......"WHY'......because it is part of shooting a bow....
you can take any bow off the shelve ,shoot 1 fp mark that spot....screw on a mechanical head and go hunting....

but if you want you and that bow to shoot the very best ...you will tune it ...
rt of fp is 1 sign of weak spine...move rest to the left ...very little watch what bh does.....
it will get closer ...then it will start to get wider again......
get them as close as you can ...then there's other things to look for.....cam timing can have a huge effect on arrow flight...

it is nice to have a bow that's tuned to the "sweetspot" and shoot a fp then any head you put on goes within a few inches at 20yrds./
why have two sites, set-up, to shoot a bow ...like poster above has???????????

your bow will shoot better when tuned and you will too!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Had same problem this week TUNE your bow it will all work together!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yep..a good tuned bow is hard to beat..although I still have issues shooting certain broadheads....for some reason I can't get Muzzy 4 blades to shoot worth a crap

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yep..a good tuned bow is hard to beat..although I still have issues shooting certain broadheads....for some reason I can't get Muzzy 4 blades to shoot worth a crap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts