Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My field points group with my broadheads. I feel that the bow is tuned. However , the wind seems to wreak havoc on my broadheads. My arrows are factory fletched with blazers which are just slightly offset, but for the most part straight. If I refletch them with more offset thus spinning better and making them stabilize more effectively, will this make my broadheads less susceptible to wind drift? Also is a more stable arrow any more forgiving of any flaws in my form/shot execution? I think I shoot the bow well, but I feel like it could be more forgiving in less than ideal conditions. Any thoughts or input?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
FOBS are supposed to be great in high wind. Check them out if you hunt in high wind.

·
Registered
363 Posts
2nd the FOBs. Definitely reduces wind drift. Something you can see for yourself in a side by side test.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the responses so far, and I mean no offense, but a pitch for FOBS doesn't really answer my question. I am actually interested in the Bohning helix jig, and wonder what sort of difference it may or may not make.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Your results will vary depending on the type of broadhead you shoot. The helical fletch should help out a bit, but I believe there is a point of diminishing returns.

:izza:

·
Banned
9,743 Posts
Well, the posters so far are correect in what they are telling you...but if FOB's are not for you...
then I would experiement with different BH's...
some plane some don't.
In high wind the Atoms and G5 Strikers fly real well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you who have used the Bohning helix jig, do you see a marked improvement in your broadhead flight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts