Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While shooting my broadheads today (125gr Montecs) Idecided to try a few arrow combos I had laying around I was going to hunt with my carbon express arrows but when I shot my Vapor 4000's the broadheads hit right on with my fieldpoints. Both arrows are spined correctly for my set up I was just surprised at how well they flew from one brand of arrow compared to the next? This is the first year I have had the cash to buy more than one arrow type and wondered if this were common or not
Northwoods

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Did you check if the broadheads were on straight with both arrow types. Maybe one has the insert straighter. Just put the arrow on some rollers. Get a piece of cardboard put a dot right were the point is. Spin it and make sure the point stays right on the dot and doesn't wobble.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they all spun great the group with the vapors was just tighter. I tested 5-6 arrows from each group and the results were similar for all of them

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The spine will vary from one arrow to another with carbon.
I can shoot either 340's or 400 Beman ICS Hunters with my RazorTec and acheive the same POI. 68 lbs. 28 1/2 inch draw 28 inch arrow. 100 grain Magnus Stingers or I get the same results with 125 Montec G5's.
My point is you may be spined correctly but right on the edge with one brand and more in the middle for the other.
A buddy of mine had this happen with Gold Tips 55/75's they were a little light for his setup even though he was shooting 65 lbs went to ICS Hunter 400's spine was just enough stiffer to produce the results he wanted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Remember, broadheads amplify issues with the bow/arrow setup.
If one set of arrows have more consistent spine (arrow to arrow) or are more consistently straight, this will be more evident when you stick those little wings on the front. Also a lighter arrow will give you a better FOC with the same broadheads. You would be suprised to see just how inconsistent some arrows are when you actually measure the various attributes. But the bottom line is shoot what works best for you.

Targetnut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts