Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get giddy this time of year and do some goofy things like dig up some old junk and play with it. Here's some old arrows I used to hunt bunnys with. 1 dozen are still in real good shape. Most have Bear heads on them. Are these worth anything today? they are mid 70's vintage.
old arrows.jpg

Here's some heads I have used or considered using over the years.
View attachment 174260

1, 2, 14 I couldn't tell you what they are. Anyone know?

3 is Bear razor head. 1 glue-on and 1 screw on. That screw on is the actual head I took my 1st deer ever with in 1977. I was 14. I think Pa was more excited than me.

4 is the refined Bear Super razor head.

5 Are Rocky Mountains a 3 and a 4 blade. My bow shoots these 3 bladers perfect.....I thinking about it!

6 This was one of my favorite heads ever, Rocky Mountain Supremes. 1 1/2" cut. I don't have any furrels left for these blades. 18 good blades either for sale or if you have furrels for sale.....I killed a lot of deer with these.

7 an old wasp......never hunted deer with these. Blades are to thin for my liking.

8 Tried and true Thunderhead. 125 on top, 85 bottom. gotta love-em!

9 100 gn Muzzy 4 blade. another favorite. haveta love-em!

10 satilite 125. copy of a thunderhead. inexpensive, not a bad head. Great for yotes and other stuff that might need a practice shot. tehehe

11 Rocket mini buck blaster 3xL. I bought these for turkeys.

12 rocket Sidewinder. I like these for deer! I was skeptical with mechanicals but after my first deer I had confidence in them. I will switch to rocket steelheads with my next batch though. Same size and weight but all steel.

13 eastman silver tips. These seem to be a decent head for the price. They need to be sharpened but for under 10 bucks a pack... Another head for practice in case a target comes by.

All these heads and which to shoot? 5, 8,9,10,11,12,13 all fly right with my field tips. I love this time of year!

please show your old or favorite heads.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
1 looks like a old ribtech ( I think that is what they were called) 2 and 14 not sure.

Reed

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have a dozen or so of those old bear wooden arows myself,also have some of the first aluminum arrows they made,and maybe some sears shafts too.....its fun to get out that old vintage stuff and fart around with it!

maxx

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I was thinking they were called "ventilators".... but you might be correct with the ribtech thing. I think they still sell 95% of these heads (shown above) at 3riversarchery.com

-ZA

Reed said:
1 looks like a old ribtech ( I think that is what they were called) 2 and 14 not sure.

Reed

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
That is some nice stuff you got there, i use to have alot of that stuff, still have some old Bear recurves, quivers, broadheads etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts