Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I'm new to the site. I am hoping to get some new information and good ideas. I would like to know what other women are using for broadheads for hunting whitetailed deer. My bow is set at 43# and I shoot 1916 light arrows, 100 grain tips. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
I use the Magnus 2 or 4 blade in the 100 grain. Work well for me, fly great, just like my field tips. Just my opinion. Good luck!! And welcome!

Dee

·
Registered
245 Posts
Magnus Stinger's 100 grain

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
DeeS said:
I use the Magnus 2 or 4 blade in the 100 grain. Work well for me, fly great, just like my field tips. Just my opinion. Good luck!! And welcome!

Dee

Oooops, I forgot to put "Stingers" in there!

·
Registered
299 Posts
In my personal opinion i like slick tricks they fly great like my field tips and make one nasty exit hole and an entry hole the size of a 30-06 bullet my opinion only

·
Registered
207 Posts
G5 Montecs - 4 blade fixed. They fly great in my set up (also ~ 43#).

·
Registered
535 Posts
I still like Muzzy's 100 grain ...good luck!

·
Registered
535 Posts
1st year using muzzy's my arrow went clean through. he took about 5 steps and dropped. second year i used mechanicals(not sure what brand) and i didn't get the penetration that i got with muzzy's. so i have gone back. now, I may not have given them a fair try, but my comfort level was gone. so I'm just sticking with my fixed Muzzy's again this year

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been using Steel Force Sabertooth. I've shot doe with them and have gotten pass throughs but some times I have a hard time getting them to shoot well when siting in. Our season hear starts September 30th, next Saturday. Tonight I am going to try the broadheads on some new arrows. I've been thinking about switching though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was using light mechanicals (60 gr Rocket Wolverines). I never got pass through, but clean kills. Last year I had more poundage on my bow and up to 90 gr Crimson Talons. Unfortunately I never got a chance to see what they would do. Hopefully I've have better luck this year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had someone else make me new arrows and my steel force broadheads seem to be flying better. I can now hit the bullseye at 30 yards. I'll find out tomorrow since it's the Pennsylvania Archery opener!:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love my Muzzys!!!!!!! I killed 3 animals the first week of season all with one 4 blade fixed head 100 grain muzzy!! They went clean through each time and the animals only went within hearing distance and dropped each time. Bad to the bone!!!!:wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts