Archery Talk Forum banner

broadheads

472 Views 14 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  GSLAM95
what do you concider the best cut on contact fixed blade
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
25,353 Posts
dont know about the best but i really like my mgnus stinger heads.

they penetrate really deep and fly exactly like my feild points they are strong and have a life time gaurentee.

· Registered
851 Posts
The two I have experience with are G5 Montechs and
Magnus Snuffer ss
They both fly great and spin true on any arrow I have tried them on.
And I killed 3 deer in '07 with Montechs and not one went out of sight.
I killed 1 deer in '08 with the Snuffer ss and it only made it 35 yrds and died.
They both are easy to resharpen on a flat stone.
Of the two the Snuffer ss is very quiet in flight and the Montech hisses in filght. My longest shot kill with a Montech was at 35yrds and just so happens so was the kill with the Snuffer ss. I do not know about blood trails as they all fell in sight so I didn't look. There was blood everywhere where they all laid. Hope this helps

· Corripe Cervisiam
27,945 Posts
Best I have used/seen is the Steelforce 210gr dangerous game head. These don't get near the hype as S F.

Now before the Silver Flame guys come unglued they should maybe take a look at these. They have a CNC machined Stainless Steel ferrule and thick tempered steel blades. I, and 2 buddies, have shot these through 2,000lb Asiatic buff cutting 1 1/4" thick ribs on both sides- still sharp.

Next would have to be Magnus Snufferss and Stinger/Buzzcut at about 1/2 the price

· Registered
Hoyt Satori w/ Uukha Gobi limbs 45# @ 28"
2,802 Posts
remington700,
Welcome to Archery Talk! :welcome:

The "best" is speculative to the individual. :nod: What one person loves the next person hates and they're both right because it's what they want and it's working for them. :)

Archery is full of personal choices and that's what attracts so many to it. :thumb:

A short ferrule broadhead will be required over an approximate speed of 270 f.p.s., to get the same "field point" accuracy or P.O.I. The less surface area there is to a broadhead, it will have less of a "steering" ability.

By the way...Slick Tricks, for me. :cool:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

· Registered
10,965 Posts
IMO the silverflames are without one of the best if not THE best broadheads out there
tough as nails stay sharp even after 50 shot in a target block

expensive but man they are the best out there
+1 never used a better BH:thumbs_up

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Silver Flame = No competition!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.