Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be trying out Nikon's warranty service. My wife took the battery out of the rangefinder to get the number off of it, then put the battery door back on without replacing the battery. The door would not open when I tried to put a new battery in it. Tried everything I could think of to get it open and managed to finally break the battery door. Got it open but now it won't close. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody else break a Nikon Rangefinder?

To the top

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
Never heard of this problem, I have the Archer's Choice so it should have the same battery door.

Hope Nikon takes great care of you!

·
Registered
231 Posts
nikon has a great warranty but i will give u a piece of advise and that is to call everyday and explain to them how bad you need your item back. i sent a pair of monarch binocs in and it was damn near 2 months till i got them back the first time. Next time i was a bit upset and called the customer service guy each morning demanding an update on binocs after about a week I recieved a brand new pair. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice

I'll be sure to follow up with a phone call if they don't return them in a timely manner. I'm actually in the process of returning a couple other items this week. My replacement Garmin Nuvi 265 GPS quit working after a month and my Swiss Military Watch won't keep time. All great gear, surprised they broke. Hope the manufacturers take care of me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts