Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oxford penned last week that he was in a shooting slump and I had to admit that I had also entered one with scores at 20yds dropping down to 295 or so with upper 30's to lower 40's in x count.

Before the year started I had of goal of 50x's for the year. Did that in the early part of the year.....after a few of those I made it a goal to do 55x before year end......:cool:

Today I shot a 300 & 56x game. Three of the 4 non-x's were within a 1/4 inch, the other almost a 4. All with ACC's by the way......:D

Next goal is 58-59x's before attempting the big one, but should it get in the way, I'll take it........:cool: ..............ck

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,493 Posts
Nice shooting clayking! 56X's is not to be taken lightly...

G

·
Clay is the KING...

...MAN!!!...I have a GREAT reply for you but somehow I feel it would be held against me:( ...I'll send it to you in a PM tomorrow;) ...

...would LOVE to heere what ARCHERWORLD has to say about it though:cool: ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
nice shootin clayman. i am discovering some new stuff and feel the slump fading away. my pratice scores are up. we will see what happens at league.

sometimes slumps can be a good thing.

ox

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,493 Posts
Even though the competition was light, it was formidable... I shot a very good score on a very difficult course yesterday and came away 2003 RI State 3D Open Champion so I guess I'm on my way out also... :)

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Paul,

Nice shooting, congrats on being state champ...........:D

Oh, not to be taken lightly, but I would take them often.......;) ...

Oxford........I went back to what I was doing a few months ago, I had inadvertently changed a few things that I did not pick up on........mostly the way I was releasing. One thing for sure with archery, get it down and LEAVE IT ALONE........:cool: ......CK

·
74,535 Posts
Clayking is the man

I see all that Zen and zam is working. The old 60X is falling soon. I see it in your eyes and mind. My best last year was 56x. We can see who reachs that 60X first.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ClayKing

That sounds like some fine shootin to me.:) A few of us here know what caused your slump:rolleyes: But you have worked through all of that and are shooting better than ever. Best of luck with your shooting. WR

-quote---------------------------------------------------------------------------

...MAN!!!...I have a GREAT reply for you but somehow I feel it would be held against me ...I'll send it to you in a PM tomorrow ...

...would LOVE to heere what ARCHERWORLD has to say about it though ...

>>>---DD--->

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONDEERE.. MAN.... I gots me one too:eek: BUT ... I knows better than to post it here:D DUBBYA ARE

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ddeere & WR..........gonna be needing to throw cold water on my PM section.........none to bashful in your PM's................as usual all arrows are on "target"......:D

Dboone: if that's really you......and who knows these days with you know who running around......:rolleyes: ......I'll race you to 60x, what's the bet, a box of Florida grapefruit or oranges against a prize of equal value from Oklahoma, like a producing oil well.......:D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MR KING

You sure did open the door with this one and I would love to give you one to remember.. BUT... we would either have the longest... hottest thread in Archery Talk History or I would be banned FOREVER:( SOOOOO... I'll see ya on the threads:D You might keep DEEREMAN and I in the back of your thoughts before your next post so we can all keep enjoying Archery Talk;) I might not let it pass again???:D
Keep it STRAIGHT :D DUBBYA ARE

G

·
DUBBYA ARE...

...I could have posted a DOOZIE in less than 6 words:cool: ...and somehow I KNOW it would have been held against me:( ...for a VERY LONG time:( ...

>>>---DD--->...the kinder, gentler poster:) ...

...yeah right!!:p ...

·
74,535 Posts
Clayking

I wonder myself these days. Must be fullmoon out or something.

You got it. Take oranges instead of grapefruit.

Ill think of something worth sending from here.

If I see Brad I will get autographed ball either way.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
ok i also want in on the 60x bet!

great shooting clayking or is it spotking now!:D

hummm.. not sure what i want to wager i'll give it some thought, maybe could find more targets at the yardsale! right deere!

·
Occam's Razor
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dboone, you are on my man!..........still like the oranges versus a producing oil well...........A Brad Penny "signed" ball would be great.....either way, as you say........:cool:

Kward, how can you join this bet.......:confused: ..last I saw you were shooting 60x from 100 yards............ok, that's a bet,.......you shoot from 120 yards..............how about some NC Western BBQ against my oranges, grapefuit or gator tail.........:D ...............ck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts