Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go the the range I always notice the broken arrows in the trash can.
By far the most ones that I see are CX 200 and CX 300's.
I don't shoot the CX brand...Are they more fragile that others??

·
Registered
487 Posts
No

I've shot CX's for a couple of years. Bounced them off trees, rocks you name it, have not had any problems.

B T H

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I've shot them. If I'd miss and hit something hard they would break into 1" long pieces:eek:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
vonottoexperien said:
I've shot them. If I'd miss and hit something hard they would break into 1" long pieces:eek:

Well stop missing.:eek: Most arrows bend, break, shatter, crack, split, what ever when you miss and hit something hard.

I shot them for a little while and they seemed to be a tad bit more fragil than other all carbon arrows. But I do hear that the new design is alot more durable than they were in the past.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
The ones I have broken have been hit on the tail end by another arrow, such as during a 3D shoot or when shooting multiple shots at one spot. They crack pretty easily at the end in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I seemed to get alot of 'bruising' on the sides when I shot groups with them. I don't think there is a faster, more accurate arrow for the money than these things. Something about them, especially the 200's that really want to group for me. I've been shooting the Maximas as they are a little tougher, but not much.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Come on!

martyapo said:
Do these arrows look familiar? Notice the CX on the vanes.
That is as close to a slander law suit as you can get. That arrow that went into this guys hand is probably no more responsable than his bow...
There are lots of reasons for that to happen. DON'T blame it on the arrow.

Personally the reason I believe that there are so many CX's in the garbage...is because there are so many CX's out there. They shoot straight if they are spined right and people break them.

This argument reminds me of someone saying that a car is junk because there are so many in the repair shop getting fixed. It is a more popular car...thus more need to be fixed.

Tom

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is as close to a slander law suit as you can get. That arrow that went into this guys hand is probably no more responsable than his bow...

Slander??? What did I say?
Slander definition – Slander is a defamatory statement expressed in a transitory medium such as verbal speech.
The difference between slander and libel is that libel is the written or otherwise published, public defamation of a person or entity such as an organization or company, while slander is the spoken false defamation of a person or entity. Defamation is any wrongful injury to the reputation of a person or entity.

United States law dictates that for something to be considered libel it must be proven that the one making the libelous charges did so with malicious intent and with full knowledge that the statements were false. Furthermore personal opinion is protected as a First Amendment right. Therefore being careful to state the facts of a personal experience in non-malicious language, followed by words like, "therefore in my opinion..." will go a long way towards protecting yourself against charges of slander or libel.

Therefore, in response to the posted pic it is not my opinion to cause any defamation of the manufacturer, it is merely an informative picture.

So you may call it slanderous but in fact it is exercising freedom of speech.:wink: Also, the fact that the arrow went through his hand was not the point. Did you see how badly it splintered? If I posted a pic of a splintered CX arrow stuck in a log would you have replied the same way?
Think about it.
BTW, I didn't take the picture, I just found it on another post in this forum.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
T-LaBee said:

Personally the reason I believe that there are so many CX's in the garbage...is because there are so many CX's out there. They shoot straight if they are spined right and people break them.

This argument reminds me of someone saying that a car is junk because there are so many in the repair shop getting fixed. It is a more popular car...thus more need to be fixed.

Tom

Sorry...but I don't buy that they are as tough as any other arrow! I garbage canned a dozen CX 400 3-D Selects because they were so fragile! I had shot them for a couple years and they were fine! Out of the last doz I purchased, I snapped 3 in half pulling them from a block target in 1/2 an hour! I was amazed at how bad the quality was! I trashed them before I wore them...I don't need a peircing like that! Switched back to Gold Tip, whose quality and tolerances had been quite low, but greatly improved, and never looked back! Now with the move to Mexico, their quality is again traveling downhill! Can't somebody just make a great arrow...and leave it that way??? I think Easton and Beman are going to get a test run out of me! They have always been there quality wise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts