Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem. Broke my foot this past weekend and have to wear a boot to set fracture. Question any innovative ideas on how to keep dry. i will hunt from a ground blind this weekend and hope to be able to climb in about 2 weeks. We have had a bunch of rain this fall and winter. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Put your boot in a garbage bag and tie it. Just saw someone in there yard working awhile back with their foot in a bag??

·
Registered
48 Posts
I started a thread about my broken ankle a few months back.....had plates and screws put in it and really thought my deer seasonwas over.........well by opening day I was in a cam walker, which im sure is what you are talking about, and I hunted every chance I got as long as it wasnt a real long walk. What I did was take a wal mart bag or small trash bag and put it over the boot and wrapped the hell out of it with saran wrap. It worked great and I never got wet, it also kept all the burrs and stuff out of the boot because those things are impossible to clean. I know how you feel and hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ditto

Ground blind with a small heater cuts walking & climbing trees

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
you could purchase some boot-lock bags. They are basically a garbage bag, but with a camo pattern and of course cover
the garbage bag scent 100%. at $50 per pair, they're a bargain.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Blind, heater, comfortable chair and a garbage bag

A good blind with a heater should do the trick. A big garbage bag should keep that foot dry. You can tape it on. Bring a comfortable chair to sit on and maybe something to prop your foot up on. A big plastic bag taped on works for keeping an injured foot dry in the shower too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement. I will wrap the boot up in plastic and hunt from a ground blind which will be a first for me but I am excited about it, being eye level with deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts