Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooooooooooo......the story goes

bought a used mathews conquest pro, had a 30" draw, i need a 29" draw. found someone with a cam to correct the DL. took cam to bow shop, they replaced it, i re-checked my draw with release - perfect! had the tech re-serve my string where the cam touches. tech pressed bow, took string off, served, re-installed string, took out of bow press, then drew back. when he drew the string back to full draw, the lower limb cracked, split and the string went limp. do you think this is something the tech did or just pure bad luck? i had drew the bow back 2-3 times with new cam on it and it was good, i dont dout the tech's ability because he had pressed it before. any ideas? and now what do i do with my bow? totally bummed, i put about $170 in the bow with acc, etc....

(the bow shop did offer to refund me my money on all work i had done, and i could have any bow on the wall for cost, they did feel bad for what happened)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I would either buy a new limbs or new bow. Probably a new bow if I had the money.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mathews has parts for any bow they have ever sold, you can order limbs from your Mathews dealer. You also might find a used set, especially if you want 70#. remember limbs from a Conquest Lite, Pro or Conquest II will work.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would either buy a new limbs or new bow. Probably a new bow if I had the money.
i would buy a new bow if i had the funds, i could get a new diamond outlaw for about $200 +tax, gotta find something else to put on craigslist now, i sold my guitar and kayak to purchase the mathews

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mathews has parts for any bow they have ever sold, you can order limbs from your Mathews dealer. You also might find a used set, especially if you want 70#. remember limbs from a Conquest Lite, Pro or Conquest II will work.

Hope it works out for you.
i will call, thanks for the idea

·
Registered
50,327 Posts
Bottom line why??????? It could have been the fault of how it was pressed--------BUT without first hand knowledge ????? I have seen them go for no unexplained reason. It happens. Sounds like your shop is being more than fair with you.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,568 Posts
PM me and let me know which shop, please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts