Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 7" Octane stab last August and it broke a couple weeks ago after maybe 200-300 shots. I no longer have the box or receipt from Cabelas, and Bowtech's "contact us for help" messaging system is a joke (4 messages have gone unnoticed.) I'd rather not get screwed out of 50 bucks for a stabilizer that can't even withstand 300 shots... Any advice aside from driving 60 miles round trip to the nearest Bowtech dealer?

It sounds like a minuscule problem, but money is tight and I don't feel like getting hosed on a seemingly inferior product that puts me out 50 bucks. Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cabela's is pretty good with handling this kind of thing. Even without a receipt, they may be able to help you out. Contact them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Call them. I'm sure they get emails out the ying yang. I have heard about this stab breaking a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post a pic?

I'm betting about $0.50 worth of JB Weld would fix it.
It's broken inside of the rubber end and I didn't want to go tearing into it just to find a potential fix that may wear out and need fixing again. If it comes down to it, I'll take your advice and dig into it, but for now I was just looking at replacement advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I have one that done the same exact thing... called bowtech and they act like its not there product... they told me to take it to the store where i bought it and have them call the wholesaler they buy from...if u find a solution let me know because im pretty pisssed too

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Pack it up and send it back to Cabelas. If has not obviously been abused, they will replace it. They should have a record of your purchase.

When the mirror breaks on a truck, I go to my dealer and ask for help. I don't send the mirror back to the truck manufacturer. With all due respect, can you imagine how crazy that would get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts