Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Somebody.....Anybody.......Help this guy out.

There has to be somebody out there that shoots a Browning Rage, that can give this fellow an honest opinion of the bow.

If not I'm going to direct him towards a Mission X-3, made by Mathews.

The X-3 is a great bow for the money and is really quite a shooter for the budget minded shooter. In fact if I needed a back up hunting bow it would be the one. In fact I wouldn't be afraid to have it as my primary hunting bow.

Now come on somebody tell him about the Rage.

SLash ----- this post saved from page 4.:wink:

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Other than its made by PSE I dont know much

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
i had one , it was an ok bow , but mine blew a cable on me after about 6 months.

it didnt look the best but it was accurate ,tuned easy and draw length was adjustable without modules or a press.
made it easy for me to find what draw length worked for me.

but there are better bows to be had for around the same price im sure.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Rage

The Rage is an awesome bow for the price. $280 for a bow that is IBO rated at 303 fps is hard to believe. It also has over 7 1/2 inches of brace height. Put that together with the fact that it is a one cam that has 6 inches of adjustment without a press and it is probably the best bow there is for the money.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It is also available at the box stores as a package. While the components in the package are not top of the line they will work just fine and can get you into the sport on a budget. There are a lot of deer killed with moderately priced equipment and most of them don't laugh at the hunter because he didn't spend $1,500 to get in the tree!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Rage one, 70 # 27 "DL with basic sights and string peep shoot Easton ST Epics 400 100 grn Tip and find it shoots very well and very durable bow. It shoots around 250 FPS with the standard hush kit. I just bought a Diamond Black Ice Kit all same specs and arrows as Browning and the Diamond is a little more smoother and quieter and also shoots 250 FPS. At 20 yards I shoot the Diamond and then the Rage and not a big difference between the two to notice except for the Price. But around 30 to 40 yards, my Diamond starts to show more consistent accuracy then the Rage. Maybe due to better peep and sights? But thats my honest opinion on the High dollar bow and my Rage, also I am new to archery and this forum so maybe after more knowledge about archery I can notice more why the other bow cost triple the price?

·
Registered
203 Posts
i havent personally owned one, but my friend has one, and even with dampeners... that thing is LOUD! personally, i would recommend a Parker. Very good bows at a VERY good price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.