Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I just purchased a Fury I second hand for a good deal.

I'm having some trouble identifying the draw weight from the factory scrawling on the side.

I think it's 45# but unsure.

Tan Arm Tattoo Joint Material property

Thanks y'all!

PAK

·
Lowered expectations
18,166 Posts
Bows are sold as 40, 45, 50, 55# and so on. It’s difficult and time-consuming to manufacture bows to an exact weight, especially the lower end ones, so some companies used the X after the weight to indicate the bow was nominally at that weight but actually a pound or two off.

I would guess this bow was sold as 45#, but the < (less than) symbol combined with the X means it’s probably closer to 43#.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Bows are sold as 40, 45, 50, 55# and so on. It’s difficult and time-consuming to manufacture bows to an exact weight, especially the lower end ones, so some companies used the X after the weight to indicate the bow was nominally at that weight but actually a pound or two off.

I would guess this bow was sold as 45#, but the < (less than) symbol combined with the X means it’s probably closer to 43#.
I'm sure you're right Stash but on those economy bows, seems painting 43# instead of <45X# cost more time and paint. :)

·
Lowered expectations
18,166 Posts
The point is, they were advertised, marketed and inventoried at at 5# increments. If someone ordered 45#and got a bow that actually had 43# on it, it would become a customer service nightmare. And if they advertised bows at every 1# increment, somebody would order a 44# or 37#, etc, meaning they would have to have 5X as many bows in stock.

This way they could get away with “close enough”.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts