Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off my fathers old Browning Illusion split a limb during season. PSE no longer makes the limbs for them so they did a great job in completly replacing the whole bow for a brand new model! So the bow finally came in after appox 5 weeks and I set it up last Friday. It was a very quiet, smooth and fast bow. 370gr arrow at 29" 70lbs 298fps. Then on Sunday it starts to make a HORIIBLE creaking popping noise at draw!!:eek: Its audible from 20ft away! It only does it when the bow breaks over and once it breaks over it continually does it till your at full draw.

So me working at the shop I took the limb pockets apart, cleaned and lubed everything and put it back to spec. Pulled it back and the same thing! Whats going on? Is this normal for this model??

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Ok first off my fathers old Browning Illusion split a limb during season. PSE no longer makes the limbs for them so they did a great job in completly replacing the whole bow for a brand new model! So the bow finally came in after appox 5 weeks and I set it up last Friday. It was a very quiet, smooth and fast bow. 370gr arrow at 29" 70lbs 298fps. Then on Sunday it starts to make a HORIIBLE creaking popping noise at draw!!:eek: Its audible from 20ft away! It only does it when the bow breaks over and once it breaks over it continually does it till your at full draw.

So me working at the shop I took the limb pockets apart, cleaned and lubed everything and put it back to spec. Pulled it back and the same thing! Whats going on? Is this normal for this model??
NORMAL.... That's ridiculous. Take it to a dealer and tell them what happened. Sounds dangerous to me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant lis this a normal problem that they are known for:confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Call PSE customer service and tell them what's going on and I'm sure they will have you send it in to be checked and fixed.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I meant lis this a normal problem that they are known for:confused:
the only popping i've heard of was on the early model limb pockets for that model and a couple others.....they recognized it and sent out replacement pockets to shops, but that was about 3 years ago....does it do it when the cables are out of the slide? is they cable guard lock down tight? is the side plate on the grip shifting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts