Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Strike Force Trail cam with a damaged PIR. Browning has been out of them for the past 2 months, does anyone know where I could get a replacement PIR or does anyone have a non-working BTC-5 that has a good PIR they would like to part with?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Are you Talking about the "LEN's" because there is a component behind it that is the actual PIR Sensor?

You can Check if it is the Len's at Hag's House / Homebrew Camera Parts ti see if you can find one also with member "Johnnydeerhunter" he is also a homebrew game camera maker... He might have a source if it is just the Len's...

LFM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I described it to Browning Trail Cam repair center, they called it the PIR. It is the tinted curved piece on the outside of the camera.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,441 Posts
When I described it to Browning Trail Cam repair center, they called it the PIR. It is the tinted curved piece on the outside of the camera.
That's the PIR fresnel lens. I'm not surprised they didn't know that. I've built more trail cams than I can remember. I also own a half dozen Browning trail cams and the, 0.9 Focal length Wide Angle Fresnel Lens, from Snapshot Sniper for $3.00 looks like it could be trimmed to fit and work. I haven't ordered parts for years and the homebrew market has kinda died out but it's worth looking into.

Here's a link to the site, I'd send an email and see if they are still selling parts.... http://www.snapshotsniper.com/HomeBrewProducts.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts
You may want to call again and talk to another support tech. When a squirrel chewed mine up I called to see if i could purchase a replacement and the rep mailed me two lens for free.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm running 5 of these, just had one quit accepting an SD card, it just pops right back out, no clicking in place. Sent it to Browning and they sent it back stating it was too expensive to repair or they don't have parts. Offered me a trade in deal on any of their cameras.
I'm thinking about trying to put a new SD slot in.
If I can't get it to work, I could probably part with it, maybe you could rob the part you need.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts