Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having hard time finding out if this is a good bow. Wondering if someone has one and tell me a little about it? Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bought the bow. It has no string. This is my first recurve. What string would you recommend for it. Says AMO 66”. Read three inches shorter. Read four inches shorter. Flimish twist.Continous loop. Seems a little confusing.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,250 Posts
I have a bow that is marked Trophy that I have been trying to identify for years. I have posted about it on multiple occasions. I got it from a family that ran an archery program.

They had really nice bows. This was the mothers. The fathers bow was a Wilson Black Widow.

This could be the bow. Click on the picture to expand.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A friend let shoot his PSE Night Hawk for a few days and i kinda got hooked a little. It’s a world of different from my Apex 7 compound. It just wasn’t as appealing as the beautiful vintage recurves to me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don't get too big a string. At 38# a 10 strand B-50 or B-55 is plenty and what we mostly used on bows that weight back when they were new. :) Beautiful bow made in San Diego, California in the former Gordon factory.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered a Flemish twist string in D55 from Three Rivers. Going to get some 600 spline arrow next. Thanks again. Look forward to next learning from the traditional site

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Ordered a Flemish twist string in D55 from Three Rivers. Going to get some 600 spline arrow next. Thanks again. Look forward to next learning from the traditional site
Talk with one of the guys at 3Rivers before ordering arrows. They can help you determine which arrow and spine to buy. Depending on draw weight, arrow length and point weight 600 may be too stiff. Get the right stuff and enjoy your bow rather than feel bad about buying the wrong stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts