Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon:

Didn't quite know where to post this question so I hope this is the right place. This weekend a local firearms/archery shop had a tent sale with an auction to wrap up what wasn't sold during the sale. Stopped in this morning to see what they had and they were selling 'your choice' new bows for $150 - pre-auction. I saw two that I liked - PSE Thunderbolt and Browning Mirage 1.5. The PSE was a bit lighter but I own an older PSE and it carries quite a bit of shock. I liked the idea of making adjustments without a bow press and the cams were a bit softer than the PSE (so it will have a spongier back wall). A relative showed up and told me I would be happier with the Browing - I know you should shoot a bow prior to purchase but this relative has shot a lot of bows over a long period of time.
Bottom line - I bought a Browing Mirage 1.5 for $150 new in the box. I was just wondering if I got my money's worth. NOTE: I also got a camo shirt and pants, 2 packs of camo cord (50 ft each), and a spray bottle of scent block - $25 - and they also threw in a small set of Tasco binoculars (camo) 8X21 - perfect for the hunt. Total cost for all $175.
How did I do? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'd say you did great. i don't know about the Browning you bought, but I know about a truckload of whitetails and bear theat have been taken with PSE Thunderbolts. I tuned one for one of my buddies and installed a MZE rest and that bow was fast and quiet. I'd have no problems hunting with one. I'd say you made out like a bandit in that sale.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I happen to think well of Browning bows, but no matter what your opinion, $150 is a steal. If you don't like it, you should have no problem getting your money back out of it.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
You did great

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Cams

So are the cams on this critter considered "medium" - for Easton arrow selection chart purposes? I've been using 28" 2314's with my old PSE Carroll Marauder II at slightly over 60# - if the chart is correct and these are medium cams I won't even have to switch arrows. That would be great. Also - anybody have a good recomendation for a quality rest for the Browning? I have a Whisker Biscuit on the PSE but it's a heavier bow and you really have to hold the follow through or the arrow gets squirrely. It gets pretty tiring. And I've heard of a "tubeless peep" - who makes them?
Thanks to those who've replied and thanks in advance to those who might.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts