Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Trophy Ridge micro hitman 5. I read a thread on here about the importance of using the bubble level so I tried it out this afternoon. I shoot on level ground for fun so Ive never really used it, also my peep usually covers it slightly. Well after trying it out I think its off. I line up the bubble and my bow feels cocked to 1 side and the pins look like they are at a slant. Is it possible to adjust and how? Could this indicate a vision issue?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a Trophy Ridge micro hitman 5. I read a thread on here about the importance of using the bubble level so I tried it out this afternoon. I shoot on level ground for fun so Ive never really used it, also my peep usually covers it slightly. Well after trying it out I think its off. I line up the bubble and my bow feels cocked to 1 side and the pins look like they are at a slant. Is it possible to adjust and how? Could this indicate a vision issue?
you can adjust if your sight has axis leveling capabilities, i dont know if your particilar sight does, alot of hunting sights i have seen don't...

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
If your site does not have 2nd axis adjustment, recommend using a carpenter's level to find a plumb door jamb. Place limb pockets against the door jamb and see if site bubble shows level. If it doesn't show level, shim either the top or bottom of site bracket against the riser as appropriate to level the site to the plumbed bow.

edit: Set 3rd axis by shimming either front or back of site bracket, as needed.

It also could be that you are very used to canting the bow a little since you have not been using the bubble. It may just "feel" like you are having to cant to get the bow to a plumb position. The door jamb will let you know what's happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts