Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.buckgrub.com

I recently bought some of this stuff at a show that was deeply discounted. Last Monday, I put out 25 lbs. The earliest I could check it again was Friday it it was all gone. I had put it in 5 different locations. The stuff is a fortified rice bran.

Also fairly recently, I saw a rancher putting out bulk wheat bran in troughs on his exotic game ranch, and the critters flocked to the troughs when he shoveled the stuff in. They really loved it.

It is my understanding that the rice and wheat "bran" is actually just seed husk. My question is this: Where might I find this stuff in bulk? Buck Grub is rather expensive. Feed mill?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
DT let me tell you about my experience last year with Buck Grub... I purchased one of those high priced bag and put half of it out and sure enuff they ate it just like they were suppose too...next time I went into feed store I asked about it and the feed store owner said he don't sell it but he had some regular ole rice bran that he'd been selling since long before buck grub for $4 per 50# bag. so I bought one and guess what....I put out the other half of grub and half a bag of generic and 1 week later the generic was gone and only about half of grub was gone...so figure that out for yourself....you can get generic rice bran at mill...and yes it is the hulls and parts of the meat that the screen didn't catch....Go for it...check your feed store for generic and let me know what you find out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts