Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got to draw back on a decent buck, from a ground blind. First time ever getting a chance at live game from the ground. My wife sitting beside me, her first time ever hunting. Not a mounter by far but a nice little 8 came into 10 yards. Drew back and watch the arrow hit right behind the shoulder. Both my wife and i heard the deer crash. Got out of the blind about 30 mins later, walked to where the blood should have started and nothing. We backed out and came back the next morning. I didnt find any blood, no arrow, nothing. I saw the arrow hit the deer, so i know i didnt miss. I guess it happens to everyone if you bow hunt long enough. But this was a first for me. My Guts are still tied in knots.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sometimes they dont start to bleed for some distance. Especially If you shot the deer at eye level and your exit wound was high. Even if you cant find blood or your arrow, you need to start doing circles starting in the area when you shot him, and gradually make bigger circles. If you hit the deer good....hes dead....now you just gotta find him. Good Luck....DONT GIVE UP.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
If you hit him behind the shoulder, and heard him crash, then go get him. He's laying right where you heard him fall, right?

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Both my wife and i heard the deer crash.
?????

when you say hit behind shoulder can you show me with a picture where exactley you think the arrow hit?? like point to the spot on the picture.

can't understand if ya heard it crash why you can't find..

·
Registered
826 Posts
ChrisM said:
Sometimes they dont start to bleed for some distance. Especially If you shot the deer at eye level and your exit wound was high. Even if you cant find blood or your arrow, you need to start doing circles starting in the area when you shot him, and gradually make bigger circles. If you hit the deer good....hes dead....now you just gotta find him. Good Luck....DONT GIVE UP.

well said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts