Archery Talk Forum banner

buck on cam help me judge

948 7
Looks like maybe 5 pts. on one side. I placed this cam on a white oak and was too close. Got half the rack and the next photo is I believe the same buck's body. Lots of does on cam but all but one photo is at night. Hopefully, the cooler weather will change things.

(look on the lower left corner)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10pt?

I'm more interested in the points and spread. 10pts? if both sides are equal. Look like maybe 18+" wide based on the ear. I moved the camera immediately after checking these shots.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a nice scrape already about 15 yards from this oak so maybe I can end the speculation with my hand on some antlers soon....:tongue:

· Registered
1,277 Posts
If you take the pic a brighten it up.....I believe we are seeing the outside of the right beam and you can see the inside tip of the left beam. I do not think this deer is very wide and will not score very high. Maybe 14 inches wide at most:) JMO!

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you take the pic a brighten it up.....I believe we are seeing the outside of the right beam and you can see the inside tip of the left beam. I do not think this deer is very wide and will not score very high. Maybe 14 inches wide at most:) JMO!
Hey that's good to know your thoughts. It's all just the things we do/obsess over when we're not in the woods. I couldn't go thise morning but may be able to next week. We dipped into the 40's here but that full moon and clear skies has them moving at night it seems on the cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.