Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shoot this bow?. I know its not a hoyt or mathews, but I have heard nothing but good about this little bow. Looks like its a nice hunting bow. Any buckmaster shooters on archerytalk?.

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,100 Posts
If you want a real sweet deal get you a used epic Xtreme off of ebay or some place. Not the new TRX 32 but the previous model of epic xtreme. The ones with the perimitor weighted cam and swing out cable guard. They were silent and great shooters. They are hard to beat at any price and they are not expensive.
There is a 70lb draw weight model listed on ebay now. They are well worth the price.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I bought a G2 a couple months ago. It takes some getting used to but it's a great, light, quiet bow. I had trouble finding a peep for the steep angle in the short string and ended up drilling one out, which solved that problem. I've read a lot of posts about the string stretching but I haven't noticed that as an issue yet.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
G2XL

JayBuck
I've had a G2XL a little over a Year now. Don't have 1 bad thing to say about it. Its well balanced, light and fairly quick. I'm shooting 57lb/29" draw and getting around 280-282fps.
The only draw back is NAAG uses the Crappy twist tech String, the PWC Cam was hard on the serving on the Buss Cable.
I fixed that, ordered a Winners Choice String, have probably 5000+ shots on it and no stretch and the Buss serving looks brand New:D
Good bow for the BUCKS:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I can't get it in a 27" draw : (

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
jaybuck......what bow are you talking about?

if you mean the BTR-32 , then no, you can not get it in a 27 inch draw.

if you mean the G2 yes, you can get it in a 27" draw.

whoever said that the G2 doesnt go to 27" is a)someone that has no idea what he's talking about, b) is trying to sell you a different bow or c) is obviously confused/misinformed about his brand's features

http://www.fulldraw.net/buckmasters/g2.tpl

now to make this COMPLETELY idiot proof, here is a quote from the above page

AMO DRAW LENGTH 28" 29" 30" Optional modules allow draw length adjustment from 23" to 30"
at www.archeryworld.com i have written numerous posts about the G2 and what i like, dislike and do think they can improve on. i have also given more than my fair share of advice on how to make this bow perform at its greatest potential for the shooter. if you disagree with this fact, maybe it would be who of you to do a search for "G2" over there.

those who do read and use this forum and the archeryworld forum have seen what i have to say about this bow. do i have one?, yes i do. do i like it?, yes i do, very much. is there room for improvement with this bow?, yes again. i make no bones about what i dislike about it. i also make suggestions and do try things first before i make the suggestions.

this bow shoots hard, it shoots fast, and it shoots as accurately as the indian in command.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What He Said

JayBuck
Rockmonkey said it all. He has wrote volumes about this Bow on ArcheryWorld. One thing we both forgot to mention, the Shock Stop! I took mine off. The Bow is no louder with it off. It was hard to Paper Tune with it on.
They also make a Draw Module called the Rock Stop!!!
It gives you a solid Wall, and its easier on the Buss serving(no sharp angles)
MOBUCK

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the Info!! No one told me that it didn't come in 27", just every where I saw on the net said 28" to 30" so I just thought that it didn't. Thanks again for the great info. I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
G2

I help out in a shop IMO think the G2 has got to be one of the best buys going now. Quiet reliable value priced,and as pointed out available in27" draw .Good shooting.Sean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned my g2 since may 03 the only prblem I had was with the shock stop it kept loosening up many others were breaking off finaly we just removed it a standard cable gaurd is included with the bow other than that it is very quiet and very fast

·
Registered
89 Posts
The G2 is a great little hunting bow. And yes like the others said it does go to 27 inches and less. If you dont like the grip just take it off and shoot off the riser. The only thing I didnt like about mine is the red stickers on the limbs, no problem, I just peeled them off :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts