Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I retitled this.

OK, here's the deal. I shoot fingers and my current bow is a Jennings Buckmaster PWC that back in the day had an AMO of 234 FPS. I shoot this bow very well and have no complaints 'cept that it is old. I decided I want to update my equipment just for the heck of it so I started reading everything I could here, and on other sights, about what other archers thought of different bows. I have chosen the Mathews Conquest 3 but have one last question.

Being as I shoot fingers, and with a 30" draw am pretty much limited to the highest spined arrows, will I notice any great performance advantages in the Conquest over my current setup?

Thanks

·
74,535 Posts
I think you will

Conquest seems pretty smooth fingers bow.

Its been a proven winner on the 3d circuit by many.

I have shot both of these and the C3 is a better bow in my opionion.

Apex would be a better choice alltogether. Might find a good deal in classifiads

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr. Boone. I considered the Apex along with the Ovation, but from what I have seen I can't get an Apex in Camo. Plus, it's a little pricie for me.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I think you will see a performance increase. The CIII is no slouch on performance. I have one and it is fast and accurate. I shoot the 80% letoff cam with a release, but if you shoot fingers, you might want to try the 65% letoff. Just a thought.

I think you will really like your new bow if you get it.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on the 65%. I understand the 80% does not allow for a very "crisp" release and accuracy suffers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts