Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scouting last night in a open field. I saw 5 doe and one buck when I first got thier .. the 6 point was eating. well about a half our later a 5 point and another buck came out. not sure how big. but the six point wich was very high and wide with a redish coat started FIGHTING one of the other bucks.. the five point wich had its brown coat already on. the five point had a smaller rack but was kicking the big ones butt.. I dont mean some tap tap tap.. they were going like it was the rut. this is the first time Ive ever seen bucks fight in real life and its REAL EARLY. after reviewing video footage the smaller racked 5 point was already out of velvet ! what goes lol

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
a lot of the young bucks will fight early but the older bucks normally dont spar a lot this early.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Last year,I was scouting with my father the first week of September in Ohio and there were 3 bucks all around 130 or 140 inches that were going to town on each other.There was no tickling going on.We were about 5 or 6 hundred yards away.And you could hear them like someone was right next to you with the rattling horns.We went down to where they were the next day,and the ground was just tore up,looked like a tiller went through there.I couldn't believe it,I thought it was pretty early for them to be fighting that hard.I told some friends about it,but no one believed me.Wish I had a camera!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
the youngun's always do soemthign like that to start a pecking order for the young but they will hammer each other pretty good also the smaller buck could of actually been older than the better racked one. it;s just genetics that make them that way. doesn;t mean they can't kick butt. i have seen bucks tending and covering a doe opening day of deer season. sometimes nature plays a trick and as long as a doe is receptive a buck will tend her
rob k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts