Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have pics confirming two of these three are still alive and am hoping all three make it. All three got a pass this year in hopes of getting to see what kind of growth they put on for next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not necessarily going to be a giant but this buck has been hanging in my buddies 20-30 acre woodlot of timber in Adams County IL for the past few years. This year he was 3. This pic was taken by my camera as I was passing him up 598.jpg 129.jpg

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pics confirming two of these three are still alive and am hoping all three make it. All three got a pass this year in hopes of getting to see what kind of growth they put on for next year.
Those are some great looking bucks! I still have the month of January to bow hunt. I got a buck in November which is plenty of meat for my wife and I unless a big one walks by I don't think I will shoot another deer this year. Once the season ends I start looking forward to the mineral sites. I'm thinking of add a 3rd site this year.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
WGI_0133.jpg
WGI_0126.jpg
I have 1 that i now can confirm have at least survived the orange army.. The wide 8 is by far the biggest buck I've had the opportunity to chase in my neck of the woods. Went ghost on me oct. 2nd. Neighbor seen him once during rifle with no shot. Amazing deer...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont have any pictures but I hope any buck under the age of 3.5 makes it through the rest of the WI hunting season and winter i cant wait to get out and start finding some bone but still got 3.5 months before that starts so right now jut watching the big ones i didn't see hunting in my back yard eating alfalfa great bucks guys

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had this tall freaky looking buck show up pre rut then never saw him again. Hope he makes it another year.

Who else has bucks they hope to see next year that make it?
That guy is awesome!
Here is another picture of him. He is only a 7pt. He only has one brow tine but he has good mass and a big body deer for my area. His neck is thick. I'd love to see him next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Other than the deer that I shoot, I hope all the rest make it till next year.:wink:

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
there are 3 I have in mind, no pics, I only run trail cams usually March-June or July. 2 are just really solid bucks, one is really heavy, one has really deep forks, the other one is the second biggest blacktail I have ever seen, and I would have a really good chance at him, I think he is really close to 150" if not....which is a HUGE coast blacktail.

they are all safe from other people, Public land, but out of the way, so if they don't die from old age, or more likely get killed by a lion, they will be around.

OP, I love that tall buck! cool as heck

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OP, I love that tall buck! cool as heck
Yeah he is really different looking. I think he is an amazing older buck 4.5+ I was skimming through some trail cam pictures and think maybe I have him early during the antler growth period. I have a a picture of a older buck missing the brow tine. Not 100%but it could be

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a couple. Thats if we don't see them in the remainder of this season!
[iurl="http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6337505&stc=1&d=1513711471"]
[/iurl]
I always feel conflicted. Hopefully see them now or hope they get bigger next year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts