Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching from shooting 70lbs to 60lbs is probably going to mean building a new arrow! I have a feeling my rampage .300's may be a little stiff. Thought I would throw it out there and see what other guys are shooting or would recommend.

60lb Realm X - 30.5" draw length, Bowtech edition QAD

I would like an arrow with that uses an x nock or something similar in that .204" area with a high FOC and .001" straightness. I'd like to achieve around 280 FPS in comfort. When I went and shot the realm X it was exactly 280 with a 440gr arrow in comfort. Ideas?

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,321 Posts
Victory RIP elite or RIP TKO elite. You can probably build exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
GT pro hunter .340 will get you pretty close the weight you want. Probably the toughest arrow I have ever used

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yep, victory RIP elite .001", .204 diameter. 8.2 gpi 350 spine Use the optional 60gr shock inserts/outsert. A 30" arrow with 100 gr head should come in right around 430 grains or 455 with a 125 head.

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
GT pro hunter .340 will get you pretty close the weight you want. Probably the toughest arrow I have ever used
This arrow. Gold Tip has not changed these arrows ever. No need too. You always know you can buy another dozen when needed. Not phased out of production like other companies like to do so you can buy the latest greatest.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
just had built rip xv 300 29.5'' long with 100 hit insert, 100 grain tip, 3'' aae maxx vanes, and lighted nock 450 grains.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Be careful with those victory outserts. All I did was pull straight out of my Rinehart. Broke inside the target. Had to take needle nose pliers to remove

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,321 Posts
Be careful with those victory outserts. All I did was pull straight out of my Rinehart. Broke inside the target. Had to take needle nose pliers to remove

Strange.

Have never had anything like that happen. Have been shooting them daily and hard since early summer. Have shot them through plywood multiple times etc. I think the only one I broke was a judo tipped one I shot at something from a treestand in Nov. - thought it was a leaf or something at 30 yards or so - turned out to be a big rock that I center-punched. Ooops.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Strange.

Have never had anything like that happen. Have been shooting them daily and hard since early summer. Have shot them through plywood multiple times etc. I think the only one I broke was a judo tipped one I shot at something from a treestand in Nov. - thought it was a leaf or something at 30 yards or so - turned out to be a big rock that I center-punched. Ooops.
This surprised me to and that was only the second shot on that arrow. I called lancaster up the day after I bought them. They took the arrows back and wanted to show the victory rep. Turns out victory had a bad batch. I found only one other issue of a break like the one I had. Other then that issue I loved those arrows. I will try again another time but I couldn't trust those arrows this time.

8,741 Posts
Go small diameter. Easton injexion or Black Eagle rampage.
^^^^ I like this idea...deep impact or x impact are good ideas as well. For your weight I would imagine a deep impact. I changed to a black eagle x impact .350 spine with the outsert...basically 45 grains...up front and then added a 100 grain fatal steel grim reaper. The back of the arrow just has an M nock (G nock) and Blazer X2s. Total weight on the arrow is 372 grains with 145 grains up front at ~ 63 pounds out of a Reign 6 on performance and am getting 302 fps. Really flies well...great FOC. That would be perfect in the comfort setting for you and would give you the numbers you seek.....the numbers would be right on with the deep impact I believe. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
137 Posts
Easton Bloodline cut 28.5" carbon to carbon, 125 grain tips with the standard insert (another 22 grains for 147 total on the pointy end), Easton H nocks, 424 grains overall, excellent FOC, 280 FPS Reign 6, 61#, 30" draw. Add a lighted nock for hunting and you get 440 grains +/-. Tough, accurate, affordable and sold everywhere. You may need to cut a little longer but not much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts