Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping some of you can help me with my 3D set up using Gold Tip arrows. I am looking for advice on which arrow and the specs. I have an Athens Accomplice 34 ATA with a 28" DL and DW of 70#. I have a d loop, peep, and two string jax installed. I need to be at 280 FPS for ASA. Can you help me find the right arrow, spine, tip, and arrow length?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Why don't you drop the weight a litle since in asa it will be easy for you to reach that speed. There are a ton of options first off do you want a standard size arrow or a fat shaft?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I can't speak for your exact setup, but I'm shooting a Bowtech Allegiance @ 29.5", I had to shoot a Maxima 350 at 28.5 inches with a 125 grain head weighing close to 400 grains total and drop the poundage down to 63 before I could get within the 280 +- 3%. You will have to shoot a heavy arrow for that setup to go down to 280. If you try XT Hunters you'll get .7 grains more per inch than I had with Maximas, so the extra weight might help get the speed down. But, I still think you may have to drop the poundage a little.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree with Chriss2375, that dropping your poundage would help. I shoot the Gold Tip Pro 22's. At 62 lbs. , 29 in. draw, I still have a speed of 305. The bow at that draw weight is easy to draw and easy to shoot.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to keep the weight because I will be hunting with this bow too. I would like to be using fat shafts if possible. The less I have to change to switch back and forth the better.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I would rather have skinny shafts!!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ttt

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered