Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm working on building a high FOC arrow. I have GT Kinetic 200's and want to beef of the front a little plus add a little weight. I'm going to slide a small piece of aluminum arrow up front for strength. A 2012 is a little loose and a 2014 doesn't fit. I'm looking for a single 2013 or some pieces of 2013's. Can anyone help?

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
How about a 100gr brass insert? That should boost your FOC and give you the strength up front?

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I use the same Kinetics 200 spine. I use the brass HIT inserts in 75 or 50 grains. Those arrows are tough. I have yet to break one shooting through boards, etc. I don't think you need to beef them up IMO.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about a 100gr brass insert? That should boost your FOC and give you the strength up front?
I have 100gr insert up front. I'm trying to strengthen the front including the outsert. I don't care for the HIT insert but that's just me because alot of guys do.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I have 100gr insert up front. I'm trying to strengthen the front including the outsert. I don't care for the HIT insert but that's just me because alot of guys do.
I hear you and never did either and still would prefer to do without it. But, my durability testing with them has been impressive. If glued in correctly with the right glue, they are vey strong. Much stronger than the GT outsert for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts