Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
It is a small knife with a short blade that you can wear on a lanyard around your neck.

Kev

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yeah, i was thinking the first time I climbed a tree or squated down, I would stab myself with at least one end of that thing. Seems like you would want to use the base of the horn for the handle, not the tip. Looks cool though I am not sure how cool it would look stuck in my thigh.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
It's a pretty cool little thing. I don't think I'd wear it around my neck, but it would make a good side carry or boot knife.
Quite simple and neat idea:thumb:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I wouldnt wear it around my neck, but it's a cool idea. I'll probly have to make a few

·
Registered
433 Posts
A neck knife is a small knife, usually with a thin blade that is about 2"-3" long, which is worn around your neck on a long lanyard. The knife is sheathed when worn, not exposed. Most of the sheaths are made of Kydex and usually the knife is kept in sheath with handle down (which is called an inverted carry). Nobody in their right mind would carry a knife around their neck without a sheath!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually carry mine in my truck and it has come in handy several times when I needed access to a quick knife. It was given to me as a gift from a friend after helping him with an elk hunt, as his way or saying thanks. It will be a knife I will always keep to remind me of the bonds we create while hunting

Kevin
www.UltimateArcher.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After seeing this video a viewer sent me a thank you. He made one of these knives for his dad for Christmas using an old broadhead out of his dads tackle box and an elk tip off of a 2x6 elk he shot earlier this year. It was the one present his Dad kept talking about all day.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,772 Posts
I think I'm going to make some of them...I have all the materials needed.....Accept I think I would make the knife more secured to the sheath...A piece of leather lace, or make a regular knife sheath, with a snap on it....So it won't fall off...:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::teeth:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget to get over to the UltimateArcher.com and enter your e-mail address for a chance to when a free dozen Easton Axis arrows. The deadline is January 31, 2011.

·
Registered
403 Posts
cant wait to get the "how to" on the wingbone turkey call, I am gonna make the knife for some hunting buddies, looks like it is gonna be a great site

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Tim! We are super excited about the content we are filming!

So far we have filmed how to make a longbow from scratch, timing a compound, finding your correct draw length, feather burning segment, building a string, skull cap mount, caping an animal, and many others not mentioned.

We have got a great Pro-Staff and they are amazing me with the ideas they want to share with our membership.

Kevin

·
Registered
825 Posts
See the pics of the neck knife I built over the holidays. I have worn one for a long time. Very safe and handy. Also a good conversation piece.

·
BnBSlings
3,322 Posts
u can always use a rage...i guess that will be like carrying a neck axe!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts