Archery Talk Forum banner

Building a tree stand

870 1
I Cut some 1x1 square tubing with 1/8th thick walls for my platform today...

I at first was goin to have 1 pipe center and 1 on each outside with plywood onto...

Now I wonder as i have 200 feet of 1/4 rod why I can't Use 4 peices of 1x1 square tubing from tree sticking out with them welded 8" from each other dead center.

So that I can have 1/4 rod as the top of my platform to stand on and see threw and also allow snow to fall threw...

Whats your Views?

I will place the 1/4inch rods 2 or 3 inches apart...
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welded up two of the platforms today 24" x 26" ..welded a center peice to add strength for standing on.

I Didn't mess with welding 1/4" rods , instead used 1/2" plywood...

Welded the Chair unit on, and the Upright to mount it to the tree, Just added some chain and wanted to try it out on a tree next door.. DANG tie down is to short to go around the oak tree...

I have some more to add to the first of the three lock ons we are building.. and I will take some pics tomorrow and post them...

My next project... *CLEAN out the shed* and Pack the rafters with all I can,So I have room to Hang and skin my deer.. as the wife will be hunting also, and I am sure my nephew and brother in law would like to hang them over here also...

This Loc on I plan to have the Local Cops get Pics of also I will have Pics and Also I will now remove all screwed in steps to the stand So theives gotta work for a HEAVY stand... that may fall onthem as they lower it...

best wishes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.