Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have any information on hunting this area?

I was late off the mark to get my quota card, and this is all that was left. I live in St. Augustine and with the $$$ of gas, :eek: trying to stay as close to home as possible to hunt.

·
Registered
268 Posts
pm sent

pm sent

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Anybody out there have any information on hunting this area?

I was late off the mark to get my quota card, and this is all that was left. I live in St. Augustine and with the $$$ of gas, :eek: trying to stay as close to home as possible to hunt.

One of the best managment ares in the state I have hunted there alot
muzzloader and archery killed a ton of hogs , and a few deer...
My advice your gonna need a good 4 wheel drive..And a Canoe
go across the creek and hunt over there..I hunted next to the
Mormun Property fence line , , once you cross the creek
look at your map and you'll see where the fence line is hunt
the Oak Hammocks along that fence line , trust me I hunted that
place for 10 years..:)

Here's the fire break/fence line your gonna be looking for
if you go where I'm talking about..I wouldn't be telling
you this if I was gonna hunt there this year but I'm not
so have at it..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bull creek

Hey,
I have drawn Bull Creek for the archery opener also. I have taken numerous deer and hogs there. You do not have to cross the creeks to score on game. Some of the areas to hunt are of course the cemetary area, Mizell swamp, and Ronny Ford. These are local names and your best bet is to come down and scout it out. As you know though season is coming soon. I will hunt Ronny Ford as I have allways done. I basically learned how to hunt on this WMA and grew up on it during the season. It will have alot of pressure though so be prepared to get walked on by other hunters. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it definately gets deer up and moving. Another note of advice when you scout check to see what is being consumed. if they are feeding on palmetto berries or galberries set up on the edge of the huge palmetto fields we have there. It will be a bit early for acorns to be dropping, that will be happening around general gun. Don't be afraid to call there also. I killed my first deer with a bow and also the first deer in 18 years by using a hands free buck and doe set to young buck sound. he was also the 4th buck I saw that morning, and the only one to come into my range. i will be there opening morning in my white 4 door nissan frontier stop by and ask for Jay and say hello. Good luck to you and put one down.
Jay Sheridan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts