Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of these? i was duct taping my old bag target when my papa decided it was time for me to get a new target. so i was online shoppin all day, and i came across bulldog targets. they have a lifetime warrenty and when they get really beaat up you can buy 2 new target faces (front and back) and that includes the outside wrap of the target. they have CRAZY GOOD prices, and huge shooting surface. they say arrow removal is a breeze and the inside will never wear out (hense the LIFETIME WARRENTY) and thats why you are able to buy new target faces, so than your target will be just like when you bought it. i just bought a 24x24x9 target called the DOGHOUSE FP for only $90!!! free shipping for all lower 48 states. so.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR NEW TARGET, GO TO BULLDOGTARGETS.COM

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have heard, next target when mine wears out will be that one. write up a review on it and send me a pm when you do

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will do that. it will be here next week.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Can somebody who is smarter than me read the warranty info on the terms page on the Bulldog website and explain how the warranty works:confused: It has been a long hot weekend maybe my brain is fried???

·
Time for Spots to die
2,088 Posts
I have been shooting a Bulldog DoubleDog for a year and a half. I have about 2000 arrows in it and it does not show any wear. I have to say, they stop arrows. Most of my shots at the target are in the 6 to 10 FOOT range. I use it to blank bale. It has not shot through yet.

I am on the staff, but would buy these if I had to. I have turned one of my club members onto one and it has not been a bad deal for him.

As for lifetime warranty, my understanding is that if you shoot out the inner workings, Bulldog will send you a new target. The faces are not warrantied for life except on the Doghouse FF (as I recall), all you pay is shipping.

Arrow

·
Registered
636 Posts
just my opinion....but i hated mine...didnt hold up well, the face breaks on mine even if i just push on it with my finger, arrow removal is not horrible, but it is not a 2 finger pull. and it takes no time to bury arrows on it. i would spend the extra money and buy something better

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the warrently is, if you shoot out the target face, they send you 2 replacements for free as well as the black wrap on the outside of the target. they say the onside will never wear out, but if somehow it does they will send you a whole new targetfor free!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
good target

I purchased a bulldog target last year, and it was very tough to pull my arrows out. I emailed the company, and they said that my target got packed too tightly. They sent me another target free no questions asked. The new target is awesome. It stops arrows great, has plenty of shooting surface, and is easy to pull out the arrows. I gave the other target to a buddy, and he shoots it often. Still tough to pull arrows out, but works good other than that. These are very durable targets, and mine have very little wear. I've shot both sides lots. Can't beat the lifetime warranty.
Adam

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Bulldog targets are fine. I have 4 of the thicker Range Dog targets.

My son and I put about 200 arrows each amongst the 4 targets
They hold up better when you use sharp field points than bullet points.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
there are alot better targets out there. I would look into the spyderweb targets. These are incredible targets! The bulldog shoots out really fast and the arrow removal is can be a pain the arse...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i shoot every day, and have yet to get a pass through. does not wear easy, and they are cheap. get one!

·
How`s it going eh?
4,072 Posts
I am about to test out the warranty on mine.The facing material is totally shot,don`t have pass throughs yet but stuffing comes out with the arrow but the pass throughs are close. Very nice large flat suface and stands very well on its on but the arrows on mine were tough to pull out.By the time the area gets broken in the face material is just about wrecked.Overall I do like the target.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have had mine for a year and a half and last night I punched one through to the nock(wrecked fletching). It was the center of the target which is getting shot out, going to shoot it for the rest of this year then use my warranty.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've been shooting one for a little over a year and it's held up good.

Arrow removal would be a 6 out've 10.

After about six months I got a "poke through" at 20yds with a bow shooting 330fps.

Roughly four inches of arrow was sticking out the backside of the target; mind you, the area the arrow went in was quite pounded on.

With that said, I want a 5'x5' BLOB:tongue:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought one in Red Deere Nationals this year, it works, but not really impressed prefer my spider wed. Find the bull dog to firm, beats up my arrows.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
BD FP target. I was doing some searching about this target and found this thread.

I e-mailed CS which was fast to reply back the following Q I asked about the warrenty.

I asked about the warrenty on these targets and how it works and was replied back as followed.

DO,

That is correct, most likely you will only wear out the face and we charge
12.95 shipping and handling to send you out that replacement kit. Around
20,000 shots the stuffing will need to be replaced and at the time you would
need to send us the whole target back and we will re stuff it for you.

Thanks
seth

So Im guessing all looks FREE besides shipping costs for faces and re-stuffing. I am keeping this target in mind, but always like a target I can shoot FP all summer and then before the deer season get some BH practice in. Got a few Gander cards for X-Mas and I think I will give the Block Fusion F-18 a shot.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Before I became a Staff Shooter for Hips target I was shooting a bulldog target. Very well made target, and you should enjoy it alot. Just keep in mind the target is heavy if you plan on moving it around

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Seems like it will last a long time. Pulling arrows is tough when shooting at a "fresh" area of the target, but once it's been shot a bunch it's easy. (mine must be one of the ones too tightly packed) The main thing is that it's super heavy. I got the big one (around 48"x24"x12") and I would guess it weighs about 70-80 lbs.

I kind of wish I bought a SpiderWeb but other then the weight it's been a good target. (probably shot 2000+ arrows into it)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts