Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Father and brother in law bought 17.5 acres bordering county park and less than a mile from state wildlife area. Good news is I get to hunt it. Tracks everywhere. Put out mineral sites and they are getting hit. Bummed because it took three weeks to figure out my SG550 needed batteries. Four weeks ago I did get a few smaller buck pics. I was looking forward to more pics. Now I will wait till opening day to pull the card.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody else have some snafoos this pre season? Misery likes company.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I had my Moultrie D40 setup over a mineral site for a few weeks and found out the new batteries I had put in it were no good. Mineral blocks got pounded and I got no pics.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I had a fella come up with an awesome food plot along with several corn feeders on the other side of the funnel I have hunted for years. I mean its dam near a 90% chance of at least having a shot opportunity at a doe. 3 weeks ago I noticed a change in their pattern. Done a little scouting and there it was, I could pick it up through the binos from the edge of the property. Gonna have to go invite him and the family for a pig roast at the barn :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Our place burnt to the ground last night...
Feeders, blinds, treestands, 2 week old pop up,
2 cameras . But it could be worse . ..

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bow up sorry to hear that. I feel for you. Hope eveyone was safe.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Our place burnt to the ground last night...
Feeders, blinds, treestands, 2 week old pop up,
2 cameras . But it could be worse . ..
That's an attitude that I hope get infectious. May God bless you for your wonderful attitude and return all and more back to you.

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Found a natural lick or some old salt lick, put out my camera, came back 3 weeks later, card wasnt all the way in, put in, came back two weeks later, batteries were dead, got 300 pics in 4 days before they went dead, but no biggn's, sorry to hear about your property down in texas, sounds like there will be many like you down there, stay safe

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put out a cam a month ago over a trophy rock. Went back to get it last week. Not only did I have to wade through knee deep water thanks to Irene, but my cam crapped out after taking 1 pic at 8:30am the morning after I put it up. Silver lining is that one pic was a very nice buck.

·
Arrow Chucker
4,113 Posts
Put out a brand new Cuddeback Attack IR. Didn't work. Still at cuddeback.
Put out a brand new Moultrie I45S. Didn't work. On its way back to Moultrie.
Had a Bushnell Trophy Cam frome last year. Stopped working. Sent it back and they sent me a brand new one fairly quick.
Old reliable, Moultrie D40, quit flashing.
Game cams are great, when they work.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some new hope. Just got permission to a nice piece of property in a legal hunting community that borders an non hunting area. It is 60 acres. This brusier was in the non hunting area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7EDbArZqzk
Many say he was hit by a truck but his sheds were found afterwards. Either way there are many nice ones in the video. These are typical for that area. Hopefully I see one like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts