1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Official AT Video Content Providers
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for this review. In large part because of this review, I purchased the oracle. I have had the sight for several months now and there are some things I appreciate about it and others that I would love if they were different.

Appreciate:
1.) Much like the review above - the best part about the sight is that it works as advertised and is quite simple to use.
2.) The sight is accurate - Granted I moved from a low-end sight to this, but found it has improved my groups dramatically.

Love if they were different:
1.) brightness of LED lights - others have said it as well, but the sight is set to a default brightness that is fairly bright; I would prefer if the LED bar could be set by the user to a different default setting.
2.) button to range - the button makes a clicking metallic noise when it is pressed. It is not terrible, but it is surprising that this wasn't attended to via the engineering/design process.
3.) Weight - this shouldn't be surprising, but the difference in weight warrants adjustments to your setup via a stabilizer or stabilizers and differing weights/counter-balance.
4.) vibration - perhaps because of all the parts, the sight vibrates and creates more noise than the previous sight I used.

Again, I want to thank you for the review!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for this review. In large part because of this review, I purchased the oracle. I have had the sight for several months now and there are some things I appreciate about it and others that I would love if they were different.

Appreciate:
1.) Much like the review above - the best part about the sight is that it works as advertised and is quite simple to use.
2.) The sight is accurate - Granted I moved from a low-end sight to this, but found it has improved my groups dramatically.

Love if they were different:
1.) brightness of LED lights - others have said it as well, but the sight is set to a default brightness that is fairly bright; I would prefer if the LED bar could be set by the user to a different default setting.
2.) button to range - the button makes a clicking metallic noise when it is pressed. It is not terrible, but it is surprising that this wasn't attended to via the engineering/design process.
3.) Weight - this shouldn't be surprising, but the difference in weight warrants adjustments to your setup via a stabilizer or stabilizers and differing weights/counter-balance.
4.) vibration - perhaps because of all the parts, the sight vibrates and creates more noise than the previous sight I used.

Again, I want to thank you for the review!
A short update. I contacted Burris because of the vibration and another issue I had. As advertised, no questions were asked and I was instructed to send the sight back to them. It was sent back and examined. They determined the issue(s) were not fixable and so sent a new sight to my house. The only cost on my end was the shipping to Burris. The total time was roughly 3-4 weeks.

I share this because I am (a.) impressed with Burris and the warranty and (b.) because the sight no longer rattles. Further still, this experience makes me even more thankful that I purchased this product given the time I spend hunting. I feel confident that no matter what happens with the sight, the sight will be covered by this warranty and - thereby - something I can use for the foreseeable future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts