Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this bushnell trophy cam that won't take a picture. The screen and everything works, just won't take a picture. I have not used it since last year. It will take a picture if I have the camera box open, but not closed. It seems as though the sensor is out. I have had it since 2009, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Doesn't quickly solve your problem, but you should have a 2 year warranty so depending on when you bought it, it may still be under warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant to add, that it actually took a few pictures the first time I had it out this year, then I came back the next weekend to check it and nothing. I walked all around it and it would not take a picture. Could it be the memory card? I might have switched to a different one after the first weekend. I read somewhere talking about having to format the card?? Right now the card is in the FAT format and the camera is a 2009 model.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
shoudn't have to format the card. i have 17 cameras in the woods NEVER formated a card..... Except that pile of a cuddy back no-flash that took compack flash cards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe the card has too much memory. I have a 4GB card that won't work with my cameras. The cards that I use are 2GB or smaller.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Maybe the card has too much memory. I have a 4GB card that won't work with my cameras. The cards that I use are 2GB or smaller.
i wiil agree with to much mg for a sd card

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I sent it off to Bushnell today, it should be covered under warranty since I have only had it 1 year and 9 months. I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Was the SD card locked? If so the camera will not take pictures, but it will run through the set-up mode just fine. Its in the trouble shooting section of the owner's manual.

But too late now right?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bushnell Cam not working (UPDATE)

UPDATE: I talked to Bushnell today, they are sending me another camera. They said I should have it by the end of the week. Bushnell stepped up and made good on their warranty, with no questions asked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts