Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Bushnell Trophy Cam. When I first started using the camera I had no problems then about after a month or two of use it stop saving pictures. Bushnell told me it was because I was not using Scandisk SD cards. So I purchased new cards and now it works great except for I cannot use my kodak playsport camera to view the pictures in the field. It shows 0 pictures but I can view the pictures on my computer no problem. I love the camera its compact and takes good pictures. My questions are:

1) Why can I not view the pictures using my kodak camera?
2) Do I have to reformat the card after each use?

The moultrie camera I have you don't have format SD cards and it will use any card. I can use any camera or device to view the pictures. It just keeps taking pictures no matter what I do to it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
On my Trophy Cam 2010, I cannot view pictures from disks on my Nikon camera. Was told the files are not compatible. With the Cuddeback camera, I can view pictures on my Nikon camera. So what you are saying does not surprise me. I will need to check my cards to verify Sandisk SD or not. Bass Pro Rep confirmed to me some disks and camera viewers are NOT compatible with Bushnell camera.
Also, just lost the Bushnell camera, water leakied inside and burned it up. Rubber seal on door is dry cracked. Submitted this to warranty department and will see what they do about it. Less than 1 year old.
But Cuddeback takes pictures of flys and shadows and gets frequently loaded up with junk pictures. I haven't been able to adjust the sensitivity.
I don't want to spend $$$ on the Reconyx but in hindsight, I think maybe I should have.

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
Redball409,
Where are you in VA? I make homebrew cams and you might like them if you're having trouble with the commercial cams.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Reformat it after each use. When you take a SD card from one source to another (Bushnell Trail Camera to your Kodak Camera) sometimes the reading of the jpeg format doesn't match up. I have had the same problem with a Stealth Cam, Cuddeback, and Bushnell. When using a moultrie or cuddeback picture viewer I have never had an issue so I'm guessing they design those differnt than regular digital cameras. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The moultrie camera I never had to reformat, but I'm thinking I need to start doing it with the bushnell. If you use a computer to view the pictures I don't think I need to format again but will for assurance. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I use both my bushnell cams and just look at the pixs on my nikon camera in the field but i do use a disc to store pixs on. Hope you get it worked out

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have 8 cameras. One being a Bushnell. Last year my father was annoyed when our reader that we hook up to the TV at camp (we have a wonderful little house with electric and we're spoiled i know) will not view the pictures. We contacted Bushnell and they told us because of the comparability of the camera. Now, the picture is still a JPG but it will not show. So my dad was pissed as he should be. He went out and spent too much on a newer reader that will not hook up to the tv. It takes forever with this reader only showing one picture at a time.

This year I'm bringing a laptop to camp so we can view the pictures faster, easier and all on one device. I thought about buying a device to hook up to my iphone that reads pictures but it's made by a non apple company at a steep price of like 59.99. Apple makes one for the ipad but it does not work on the Iphone.

The main issue that we are having now is the new cameras are all changing the aspect ratio of the picture. It's now 4:3 rather than the larger ratio. Seems we dont get a wider shot. All the cameras are moving in this direction. It's stupid imo. With computers you can zoom in anyway and with new cameras the image of the pictures are large enough.

Private message me if you want to know the reader we use. i'm constantly working on getting better options for us, so i might have better answers in the next month.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i'm into digital photography. i would never really suggest reformatting an SD card unless you have to. It always will erase pictures (sometimes not), so only do it once you know you have them saved.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I have (2) of the 2011 Bushnell cameras, which I really love. They work great and take excellent pictures. My buddy can't look at my cards with his Kodak camera, but I can see everything fine with my Canon. I really think it is a Kodak thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts