Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Going To Buy One Of These Trail Cameras . I Would Appreciate Any Feedback Good Or Bad That Would Help Me Decide. Thanks For Your Help Bob

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have a Moultrie Gamespy 100 and hate it. Have not gotten one single pic yet and I got it last season. I am getting the Cuddeback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I registered here because I had to answer this question...

If you want a good deal get the new moultries, the ones available at WaL*MarT for $95.
They are over 2 megapixel, and As long as it is the new 06 model, you cant go wrong.
Yes last year they had awful ones. This year they fixed the sensor, and they are absolutely now better than my original cuddebacks.

So this year I have bought multiple moultries and i feel it is a great deal for the money,
but the only down side is it doesnt have a great deal of ways to secure it to a tree. But a real theif will come cut any lock any way.
The way i use to secure it is to use a lock on the camera case and then run a python cable lock around the tree and case and back through the lock.

So for $95 for a cam, $4 for a lock, $14 for a python cable lock, $20 for a sandisk 256MB card, $9 for a rechargeable 6 v battery,
and $13 more for a charger you are set.
About $170 TOTAL, now I would advise getting a spare battery to keep charged and a spare card to take along when checking so you can change it out.

I had 330 images on a card before the battery went dead, but I didnt charge it beforehand.
A fully charged one shot over 480 this time and was still running but had the battery low message when i changed out today.

BTW I bought a Stealthcam 3.1 MP the I390. It crapped out right out of the box and fried a Flash card in the process.
Called the company and they were no help. Said it sounded buggy, they couldnt help me. They said take it back it happens on a lot of theirs.

I took it back, got my $169.00 from Academy, drove to Wal*mart and got another Moultrie.
Do Not Buy Stealthcam, alot of people have problems with their products.

But I have no clue about bushnell. Good luck with whatever you get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts