Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have had this rangefinder for just a little over one year and have always kept it dry/clean and protected...$169.00 is hard money so i keep my stuff well kept...but today a rain storm came in unexpected and it was in my open bow case under the foam in its case...it got rained on for about 10min before i got brave enough to run out there and grab my case...

well wouldnt you know it stopped working-took it home changed the battery, let it dry out ... what a piece of junk...the insides were all wet.. if this was in the field i would be super pissed and would send it through bushnells window...i will never buy another bushnell piece of crap...i guess when you dont spend 1000.00 dollars on a range finder they cant handle a little rain..

stay away from humididity with it too, it will probaly have a melt down........man am i disapointed in this unit..

Mike Day

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Have you tired contacting Bushnell to se if they might help you out. Some of their rangefinders are water resistant, while the Yardage Pro Quest and Yardage Pro legend are waterproof.

Here is their number so you can contact them.
(800) 423-3537

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the number...i have tried there customer service line but have not had any luck yet..your number is different so maybe i can get through on this one.

Thanks again
Mike

·
Registered
674 Posts
The scout and sport are not water proof, just water resistant. I use the Scout as it fits my needs. The legend series is water proof and floats. Hense the difference in prices. I have never had any trouble with mine, other that I dropped it from about 25' and the ranging became inaccurate. I called them I paid shipping both directions, but they fixed it for me with no arguements. This was done last yeat, still working great.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Contact them, Don't bash them!

Mikie Day:

I had the same experience while hunting Whitetail in Tenn last year. Had a lot of rain, all of a sudden my Bushnell Scout quit working. I dried it out, changed battaries etc.

I sent mine in to the warranty department. The contacted me to advise the unit was not advertised as a water proof model, and that the unit was not repairable.

They offered me two options, one to replace the existing unit at a cost of about 50 percent of a new one, or to purchase the Legend which is sold as a waterproof model at a greatly reduced price.

I purchased the Legend and I feel they were gracious and did more for me as a customer than they had to. They could have just told me tough luck, go to the store and buy a new one.

Go online under Busnell, you will find the link to their laser and bino products which will give you the information you need to mail your unit to them.

Hope you get this resolved without to much heartache.

Alaska Sam:cool:

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
BUSHNELL LEGEND

I found a new Legend waterproof model on E-Bay for 305.00 from a golf shop in Ohio, best price from other catalog sellers is 399.00. This seemed reasonable for use in west Oregon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts