Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for all, today was our opener in Minnesota, the weather wasn't great but I had good evening hunt, right before dark four deer came out, three fawns and a doe, needless to say the doe busted me as the fawns were stand right under my stand. She runs back into the woods about 30 yards and starts blowing at me. I'm thinking what do I do now I can hear the deer about 15 yards away and she blows for about 15 minutes and by this time it's pitch black. I wait another 5 minutes and don't hear anything so i decide to start to climb down. My question is do I leave that stand for a few days to cool off or can I hunt it tomorrow. Also do you expect those deer to come back or are they most likely gone for awhile.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,392 Posts
I've been jumping the same does and fawns all summer in my food plots, while checking my cams. They are still there in the morning. They got me tonight too! Mom busted me while I was walking on my trail and the fawns layed low until I was about 10 feet away then they came blasting out. I'd bet they will still be there tomorrow but these deer are used to seeing me.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Sounds like a good spot, i probably would hunt somewhere else for a couple days and ease back in that area, I am sure if they don't come back for awhile others will, thats the way is in in my area anyhow.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
If you have another stand give that one a rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts