Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying a new spider 34 a couple weeks ago to replace my Black Ice, I'm starting to feel like maybe I shouldn't have. When I first shot the spider berfore the purchase, it seemed awsome, and I was looking at all the possible benifets I could get from up grading. Now that I have had it, and shot it a few times, I am not seeing a major differance between the two. Don't get me wrong, the spider is a great bow, and I am going to keep it! I just don't know if it was worth the 1000 dollar upgrade anymore.

Any of you ever feel the same way after a new bow purchase?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I know a lot of people buy new bows thinking they will magically make them a better shot, which is usually not going to happen.

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
all the time

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had buyers remorse after buying an Insanity, not that I didn't like the bow, I just didn't shoot it as well as I did my Assassin. I ended up trading it for my Answer and I couldn't be happier with it!

·
Socket Man
24,339 Posts
Now that you have a primary hunting bow and a back up bow don't ever do this again. Get yourself a target 3d bow next time that you shoot daily and your enjoyment of archery will grow and it will rekindle you love of shootine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know a lot of people buy new bows thinking they will magically make them a better shot, which is usually not going to happen.
I dont think I bought it thinking it was going to do magic, I don't think so anyways. I guess just I wanted the latest and greatest for once. It's really a nice bow, but the honeymoon from the first time I shot it is deffinatly gone now. Live and learn I guess lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive heard a lot of guys say things like this...I considered selling my alpha max and getting a new one but guys saying how much they love the am over some of the newer bows, and also since I just changed a lot of things on her, I love how she shoots now and decided shes staying for a long time

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think I can get much for the Black Ice so I'm not sure if I want to sell it. I'm sure it will make a good back up bow

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
ive heard a lot of guys say things like this...I considered selling my alpha max and getting a new one but guys saying how much they love the am over some of the newer bows, and also since I just changed a lot of things on her, I love how she shoots now and decided shes staying for a long time
Don't sell the AM. My only bow regretted selling was my AM32. One of the best hunting bows ever.

·
3%er
3,635 Posts
Get an Elite...wont be any buyers remorse hehee

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Black Ice bows ready to hunt are selling for 290-365 on eBay. I just recently sold mine off ebay for $300 with 2007 accessories on it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't sell the AM. My only bow regretted selling was my AM32. One of the best hunting bows ever.
I don't ever plan on selling her now, it is my very first bow too, and I did see a couple AM 32 at our local shop this week forsale...lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
Look at the bright side, you have two great bows to shoot and a back up if a problem comes up during season. I have a beginners level Martin Threshold and a Rytara Nemesis, I shoot both all the time and enjoy both of them. Is there a big difference between the two? Yep, but I like the fact that I can pick up two totally different animals and shoot both well. I admit the Threshold has a custom string, new Drop away rest and an upgraded sight so yes I have no problem taking that bow into the field. I would keep both and enjoy shooting them, maybe one for small game and one for larger game?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sold my destroyer 350 and bought an experience. Went from good too better. This bow is awesome. Experience, experience.!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I had buyer's remorse twice in one year. First was a Alphamax 32, second was a BowTech Captain. The Alphamax was a decent bow, just didn't like it as well as I thought I did. The BowTech was mainly because of the dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had it when I got rid of my first z28 and my invasion to get an element. I'm shooting a z28 again. With top notch acc and have never been happier. Think I'll be getting a 3d and target bow at the end of the summer. Mostly so my z28 stays in mint not a single scratch condition. lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 69 Posts