Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am interested in buying a Mach 1. I have not been able to find a dealer close to me that has one for me to test. Would you buy one without seeing and testing one with the experience you have with one and the information below?

Some details about myself.... I am 6'3" with a 30.25 - 30.75 inch draw length depending on how and who is measuring. I have owned a Carbon Defiant Turbo (first "real" bow), a Pro Defiant Turbo (shot it well but wanted to try something different), a Vertix (shot the bow fine but it was very uncomfortable for me due to short AtA), Black 5 (favorite feeling bow) and now a Revolt X (I shoot it very well but it is not as comfortable as the Black 5). My favorite of the bows I've owned was the Black 5 but I had many issues with it and I could not get it to shoot through paper or bare shaft. I would still be shooting it if I could have fixed the tuning issues and if I had not had the mechanical failures with the two bows I had.

This year I had quite a few days in western North Dakota hunting the Badlands and over 20 days in the woods of Minnesota with the Revolt X. All of my days hunting usually required a fair amount of walking. I maintain a high level of fitness and even so the loaded Revolt X (quiver, front and rear stab, etc.) got to be quite tiring lugging around. I enjoy a more active style of hunting so I figured why not go back to a carbon bow to lighten things up. Not wanting to buy another Hoyt this leaves me with the Mach 1 and the issue I stated above.

With the small amount of information I gave you, would you buy a Mach 1 without shooting it? and if so for a longer draw, bigger dude would the 32 be sufficient or should I go for the 35?

·
Registered
268 Posts
So I am interested in buying a Mach 1. I have not been able to find a dealer close to me that has one for me to test. Would you buy one without seeing and testing one with the experience you have with one and the information below?

Some details about myself.... I am 6'3" with a 30.25 - 30.75 inch draw length depending on how and who is measuring. I have owned a Carbon Defiant Turbo (first "real" bow), a Pro Defiant Turbo (shot it well but wanted to try something different), a Vertix (shot the bow fine but it was very uncomfortable for me due to short AtA), Black 5 (favorite feeling bow) and now a Revolt X (I shoot it very well but it is not as comfortable as the Black 5). My favorite of the bows I've owned was the Black 5 but I had many issues with it and I could not get it to shoot through paper or bare shaft. I would still be shooting it if I could have fixed the tuning issues and if I had not had the mechanical failures with the two bows I had.

This year I had quite a few days in western North Dakota hunting the Badlands and over 20 days in the woods of Minnesota with the Revolt X. All of my days hunting usually required a fair amount of walking. I maintain a high level of fitness and even so the loaded Revolt X (quiver, front and rear stab, etc.) got to be quite tiring lugging around. I enjoy a more active style of hunting so I figured why not go back to a carbon bow to lighten things up. Not wanting to buy another Hoyt this leaves me with the Mach 1 and the issue I stated above.

With the small amount of information I gave you, would you buy a Mach 1 without shooting it? and if so for a longer draw, bigger dude would the 32 be sufficient or should I go for the 35?
I bought my Mach 1 without shooting it first, but that’s bc I’m left handed. I would assume a long ata would feel better for you bc of your DL. I have a 27.5” DL and feel like i shoot longer ata better than shorter. What was it about the bows you have shot and owned that you liked? If longer ata and better string angle was reasons why, then the longer ata could be for you. If you find yourself hunting from trees or pushing through trees a lot then the longer ata might not be the way to go. I know it’s always daunting buying a bow without shooting it. I try and take what I know and the way I hunt into consideration when narrowing down ata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you happy with your decision? This would be the first bow that I would buy without shooting, and with the way everyone talks up the ECS I am thinking it would be a safe bet but if the 32 is to short and isn't comfortable the hassle of selling and then trying to find a 35 is what is holding me back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you happy with your decision? This would be the first bow that I would buy without shooting, and with the way everyone talks up the ECS I am thinking it would be a safe bet but if the 32 is to short and isn't comfortable the hassle of selling and then trying to find a 35 is what is holding me back.
Yep I’m super happy with it. Out of all the bows youve owned what ata did you like the best? Maybe use that as a starting point

·
Registered
18,971 Posts
You’re much taller than I’ am so maybe a 35” is better, Idk. 32-33 is my wheelhouse.
It was love at first shot for me, I knew how nice the Evolve cams were and that carbon platform just brings it all together for me.
I bought my Mach, then a RevX that I wound up hunting with. Ultimately I went back to the Mach 1. We’re all grown men and could carry a bag of Sakrete thru the woods if we wanted, but I have come to love the lighter weight of the Mach when walking to and from my stands and while shooting/hunting. Equipped it is a fine weight and does not suffer from instability issues.
Lots of Mach 1 love on this forum, for good reason.

·
Team #9
8,612 Posts
I bought my Mach 1 with out ever shooting it ...custom order too...LOVE it
5'8" DL 27" 32"33" ATA is perfect for hunting bow for me ..I shoot 40" ATA target
bow ...its really about preference and confidence ....

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Not and exact comparison but maybe close. I'm 6' 2", 310 lbs. and currently shooting a draw board measured 30 1/4-3/8" DL. I had an Evoke 35 that rigged out weighed 9.5 lbs. I wanted something lighted and ended up going w/the Carbon Stealth Air. I think it's just a hair long ATA and hair shorter BH than the original Mach 1 (which I assume is the 32" you mentioned) but I chose it because from a spec standpoint it showed being 10 fps faster than the Mach 1. I haven't shot an under 35" ATA bow in probably 10+ years and never a 6" BH rig. I bought the Stealth on here in the classifieds having only ever just p/u a Mach 1 off a rack, held it, and put it back down. So far I'm super happy w/it. If I didn't know the specs I wouldn't really be able to tell it's a short ATA and BH bow. Totally rigged out this one weighs 6.2 lbs., so I cut a ton of weight off (obviously the bow is lighter, but I shaved weight all around...going to a Viper Sidewinder sight vs. an HHA Optimizer...going to a Limb Driver Gen7 rest vs. a Hamskea Trinity...dropped the side/back bar...lengthened the front bar so I could take weight off it...etc.) The only negative I have about the bow at all, and assume it'll be the same on the Mach 1, is that the draw is super stiff, but that speed has to come from somewhere I guess. It's a very smooth and even draw, w/a nice transition into the valley, and not jumpy or anything, but I poop a little every time I draw it back.:)

Hopefully that helps in some way shape or form. Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to give one a go. Fingers crossed I enjoy it as I would like to keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I haven't seen where anyone mentioned that the 35 that's available now is a much different bow then the Mach 1. I did see where mxz500ss said the 35s are not available. The two are not very similar in my opinion. If you are wanting the longer bow, I would for sure wait a few months until the 21 carbons come out to see if they have a longer version of the Mach 1. My 2cents on the bow is, they are amazing. I have owned every Hoyt carbon made and never a PSE carbon (even though I have shot most). The Mach 1 is an amazing bow!! My draw is 29.5" and I like a longer bow as well. If they come out with a 34 or 35 that feels like the existing one, I will own my first PSE carbon!

·
Registered
40 Posts

Try the x37 from xpedition

1 - 13 of 13 Posts