Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered to buy a Mathews Monster with a down force arrow rest and Mathews string stopper and the bow is a year old. The price is $800 dollars does that sound like an alright deal. I was also wondering what i would have to do to the bow to lengthen the draw lenght on it? The guy shoots at 28' and will pry need to change it to 30'.

·
Registered
324 Posts
In my oppinion the price is a little high. I can't answer the draw lenght question.I would think the bow should sell for more like 700.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
changing the draw length just takes a set of mods.
Haven't seen the bow so i won't comment on price.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
that is a high price. the other thing to think of is this:

if you buy a used bow, unless it is an elite, you will NOT have a warranty with it.

if something happens to the bow, you will have to pay for all the parts to repair it. (and of course labor which you have to pay for even if you have warranty)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If your asking me personally if I would pay that....no way thats too much for a used bow,thats too much if it was completely decked out.buy somethin new for that price.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
It takes mods, you can get them at a mathews dealer. That price is definitely high. If you keep looking, you can find the same bow for $500 and buy the rest new for $100. Save yourself $200

·
Looking for a monster!
8,336 Posts
price is way to high for me to be interested. That should be around the 600-650 dollar area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Monsters are $800 new. Mods to change DL cost around $15. Would tell him to keep the rest and make an offer on bare bow.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Too high!!

I have been watching them in the classified's here, and you can definitely beat that price. Mods are cheap to change. Look around before you commit. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts